cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create target element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My Message Mapping suppose to be very simple, since I am using the same Message Type for both Source and Target.

I think there might be a reason I get the error message, since after I created everything, I changed few elements in my Data Type from 1..1 to 0...1. I am not sure if that caused my Message Mapping to corrupt. But later I copied my Data Type to a new one and created everything again, still getting the same error. My Data Type have 400 fields, so I didn't want to recreate.

And I did refresh my CPA cache many times during the testing.

I don't understand where the problem is.

Can any of you experts give some hints, I am stuck here for few days already, it is frustrating......

Many thanks in advance!

Blue

The error message in Message Mapping step is as below:

My Message Mapping is as below, for RecordSet, Heaher, and Record the higher level node, I used one to to one mapping

For the lowest level element, I used mapWithDefault as below:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Blue,

Did you actually copy the payload and checked if it's exactly matching with Schema you have it in the mapping program... Even small changes like namespace , element name(Case sensitive) can be big problem.. Do one thing.. since Recordset in the target is also 1..1, don't map Recordset from the source to the target for RecordSet. Just remove that mapping alone and test it.

Thank you,

Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

You are right, the payload format didn't work in MM test, I had to make some changes to make the test in MM work.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will remove the mapping for RecordSet and test the job.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

What is the mapping for a target field RecordSet (according to error message, mapping failed because of that field)? And what source message did you use to test mapping (please check if source message fields that are used in mapping logic for target field RecordSet, existed and were populated correctly)?

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim!

Mapping for RecordSet is the simple one to one mapping. All the data was transferred to XML format, in the steps before MM, and data all look correct.

And my mapping is very simple I don't understand why I am getting the error

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error can not create target element is because the segment missing in source message.

Please check test xml in test tab and check if it is not showing in red.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I check the test XML, it looks alright.

Do you think it is possible that MM is corrupted, since I made some changes to the Data Type after MM is created?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The data type changes should reflect in MM after you activate the data type. You can refresh the MM (or just add some description and activate it again). then it should  reflect the DT changes.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Harish, the changes made to DT do get reflected in MM