Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Sales Billing (SSB) and BRIM

pablo_riesco2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi community,

I'm trying to understand what is and how does SSB fit into the BRIM solution (I read somewhere that SSB is indeed considered as part of BRIM).

I really couldn't find much information around this specific solution other than the RDS best practices implementation (which is a lot but doesn't give much information other than how to configure SSB).

So any insights, experiences or links to SAP internal or public domain documentation regarding SSB and how it links to BRIM is highly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Pablo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bernhard_T
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

let me explain how SSB and BRIM fit together. When we started to develop SSB (Solution Sales & Billing) then it was not clear how much of the existing BRIM solution we could reuse. The intention with SSB was to allow customers to offer subscription based services as part of a quote and enable a way to bill the rated usages in ERP SD Billing (together with the other products from the quote). Another requirement from such customers was to be able to continue using FI-AR instead of being forced to use FI-CA. At the end we figured out that major parts of SSB and BRIM are the same and customers might want to flexible combine the 2 solutions in a way they need it. Here we decided to offer both solutions under the BRIM license.

As a customer you can now decide dependent on your business if you want to start your offer-to-cash process with newly created Solution Quote or if you want to use Provider Order. The resulting Provider Contracts and how Convergent Charging is used is the same in both variants. For Billing and Invoicing the customer has now the choice to use Convergent Invoicing and FI-CA or a combination of Convergent Invoicing and ERP SD-Billing and FI-AR to end the process.

You can find more information about the SSB at SAP Helpportal: http://help.sap.com/csi

As you have figured out already we offer RDS solutions for both BRIM and SSB for easier and faster imlementation.

Please let me know if this was helpful for you. If you have further questions please let me know!

Best regards,

Bernhard

pablo_riesco2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thank you for the answer and the link to the documentation. I will read all that section now.

Thanks,

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In practice,

when customer choose to use SSB that means invoicing will be done in SAP SD, SSB solution is there to group (in invoice groups and invoice packages) all documents that will be invoiced in SD.

Those documents ends up in Parked invoices that can be reviewed and approved by customer.

Once approved, parked invoice is source for legal SD invoice.

One of the source documents for SSB can be billing documents from SAP CI. That is another reason why it is considered as Hybris Billing solution, formerly know as BRIM solution.

Br,

Mario

Bernhard_T
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

That's right but what you describe is only one part of the SSB solution which can be licensed as FSB - Flexible Solution Billing separately. FSB is an ERP Add-on and doesn't require a SAP CRM implementation.

As part of the SSB development we build also additional features like the CRM Solution Quote and the CRM Solution Contract with combined contract change processes. We also enhanced the CRM Master Agreement with the capability to handle service products for Service Management.

Best regards,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course,

it's just that you SAP guys like to focus on SAP CRM.

I was focusing just on parts of solution that I believed had to be explained in more details.

It's also solution I have been working on, currently.

Br,

Mario

Answers (0)