cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the requester in the RfC does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a scenario with our client, where a resource who raised a Request for Change (RfC) left the company and is replaced by another employee.

Now, there is a request pending on Old resource which needs to be completed.

I Changed the requester name in the RfC and the change worked successfully. The tricky part here is that the requester is also one of the approvers for the RFC (RFC has 3 level approval procedure).  One more thing that I want to mention here is that, the status of the RfC was in "To be approved" status when I changed the Requester name.

Now when the new requester logs into the RfC and tries to approve the RfC, the user gets an error "Approval must be made by assigned business Partner".

I somehow feel, that the change of requester is still not reflected in the backend. But the logs in CRM_UI show no error messages.

Kindly help me how to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Bharath.

This is a normal system behaviour. When you set status "to be approved" - you can't change BPs in approval block.

As a workaround you can use substitution functionality. Set your new employee as a substitutor for old one. An he'll be able to approve these RfC.

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Thank you for your response. I understand why it didnt work for me.