cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal userID and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Need some help here. I plan to send the portal logon userID back to R/3 via one webdynpro application. What i need in return is to get some information back from R/3 to the portal pertaining to the logged on user. In other words, when the logged on user launch this application in the portal, he will only see information pertaining to himself (example. adress detail). What is the userID mapped to in the backend and how does it return back all the necessary information? Is it mapped to HR infotype 0105, subtype 0001? I want to try and understand this process. I'm preety new to this. Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, left out one detail. Are there, any specific RFC which i can call that will return employee number of the user?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

For this to happen all you need to do is

1. Configure SSO between Portal & R/3 system from which you want information.

2. Make sure user-ids are same on Portal & R/3, No need of passwords to be same.

3. Now you/abap programmer should write a RFC Function Module which would return the required information based on the logged in user on R/3 System.

4. Doing SSO you dont need to use UserMapping. All you need to do is that R/3 System in portal Landscape should be sett to 'LOGONTICKET'

Ofcourse if you dont use the SSO, you should use the UserMapping. Bottom line is you dont need to send User-Id to RFC on R/3 Machine.

I hope you got what you need...

Thanks,

Raags