cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuccessFactors Employee central- Trigger Workflow on event reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This query is regarding SuccessFactors Employee central. I am trying to trigger a new workflow for a newly created event reason for Event Terminate.

Is this possible using admin tool (Configure business rules and Manage Business Configuration) or do I need to trigger the same with the help  data models.

Could you please help me with the detailed steps to be followed considering either of the procedures.

Thanks and Regards

Pankhuri Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Heiko_Lenk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Pankhuri,

you can use the legacy method of triggering workflows by using XML file based derivation, or you can use the new business rules based triggering of workflows, which can be maintained in Admin Tools. Both procedures are well described in the master configuration handbook.

Best regards,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to trigger the workflow with the help of business rule described below in the screenshot and then in the manage business configuration, triggered the same rule on onSave but the workflow doesn't trigger. Could you please correct me if I am wrong somewhere.

Thanks and Regards

Pankhuri Agarwal

Heiko_Lenk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Pankhuri, I could not debug the configuration. However you may find further help on our EC Enablement Jam Group.

Best regards,

Heiko

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is the event reason set? And does the workflow have any approvers that can be derived from the user you are testing?

Can you provide some details on the workflow and the event derivation trigger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the configuration with business rules as well as Data model. Please refer below:

Trigger different workflow for different event reason of same event, Termination:

Problem description: I am using sales demo instance. If I have multiple event reason for the Event- Termination. I want to trigger different workflow for my newly created event reason. The already existing event reasons should trigger the same workflow as before. 

Existing WF in system : TERM

Steps followed using data models:

Step 1: created workflow test_terminate_wf

Step 2: created Event reason

Step 3: Rule added in the workflow rules data model

The workflow is not getting triggered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively, Steps followed using configure business rules from Admin tool:

Step 1: configures business rule

Step 2: Trigger WF using Manage Business Configuration

Employee Central -- jobInfo

None of the above procedure works. Could you please help me in the above steps.

Thanks and Regards

Pankhuri Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Heiko.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankhuri,

Do you have rule-based event derivation and workflows enabled in Provisioning? You can only use XML or rule-based, not both.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the clarification. The above xml configuration worked fine.

Regards

Pankhuri

JishaJ
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pankhuri,

How did you resolve this issue . Could you please explain.

Answers (0)