cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit the form editor after selecting the field from the layout. When i selected the field it is in display mode how to change it to edit mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help how to write the script after selecting the field in the layout. As thought as shown in the screen shot it is in display mode. event should be events with scripts.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

For scripting, select the field from left hierarchy tree, now on the script editor select the dropdown where it says "events with scripts"

1) see the dropdown "Events With scripts" and if you have a * beside it mean there is a script in one of the events else no script yet on this field.

2) The dropdown will enable all events possible on the selected component.

3) if there is a * beside an event it mean there is some code in it.

Well this is just by looking at the screen shot, and I don't see any reason of freeze.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the quick reply still I am not able to write any code after selecting the field from the hierarchy. Still it is in display mode. Please find the screen shot below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution, I have selected the event form.ready from the drop down, language as JavaScript and run at client. It allowed me to enter the code.

After entering the code I changed the event back to event with scripts.

It worked..

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sowmya,

Good that you got it, well if its resolved can you please mark this as answered or what ever is applicable.

Thanks,

Sai

Answers (0)