cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ZEBRA Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem with ZEBRA Printer GK420t.

I'm trying to print label created in Smartform.

On print I get strings like:

^FS019 ,47^... ^FS

^FS019 ... ^FS

What should I change in configuration^of printer (or smartform) ?

My printer is:

YZB200  Zebra Label printer 203dpi.

regards,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Now I no longer have codepage on print. There are normally words and tables.

Another question:

How can I set in my wired printer size of print area?

Now my label is on only part of page. Rest is cutted.

prk1989
Explorer
0 Kudos

How you solve the issue of not converting ZPL commands?

I am also facing the same issue.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

do you know this guide? I think you need to start way earlier to solve your problem. It isn't the same kind of printing using Locl or a zebra-device type.

So have a look into this guide and follow the instruction. I'm pretty sure you can solve your problem. It is all described in a good and understandable way.

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/product-information/en-us/brochures-datasheets/sap/sap-smart...

~Florian

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

YZB200 must be  a device type from Zebra company, to be used only in conjunction with an ABAP-based printer driver from Zebra (see note1173046, it does mention your printer ).

I assume you have installed the Zebra ABAP driver and it works ...

To find our whether printing on that printer from SAP works in principle, you might do a test with SAP device type  LZEB2. It uses a SAP driver which is older and has less capabilities than the Zebra driver but should work on a basic level.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I set LZEB2 I got the same strings...

Do you have any other idea??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I have to pass some parameter in my smartform??

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

What does the print preview of your smart form show? Does it show correct text/lines/boxes etc, whatever you expect in your label?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where I try to print preview it's  ok. I'm testing two the   same   printers.

First I pług into my PC via USB and set in Windows as a default printer. Then, in sap I choose LOC  printer. The print of   my smartform   is OK.

Second printer is connected to our  company  network  by wifi. It's added and configured  in SAP in SPAD tcode. But it prints  only strings without  any  tables   and graphics .

I tried   set yzb200   and lzeb2   device   typem.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

So you can print correctly with locally PC-connected Zebra printer using Zebra device type YZB200 ?

(so your LOCL or whatever printer definition in SPAD uses YZB200, not SAPWIN/SWINCF, correct?)

If yes, then the problem lies outside of SAP/Smart Forms, must be related to the connectivity of that other printer.

The very first command a ZPL driver sends in the print data is ^XA  (and the last one is ^XZ )

Maybe, if somehow a part of this 1st command gets lost along the way, this printer will print out the following ZPL commands as text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to print smartform with text 'test'   (font - HELVE)

i got on print:

^XA^MUD^LL319^LH0,0^P0n^FT39,73^A0,22,0CI13^FDtest^FS^XZ

When I use LOCL device type is not YZB200.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, then you are printing not via mentioned Zebra driver for SAP but with a Windows printer driver in the LOCL case, you probably use SWINCF/SAPWIN/SWIN there...

If LOCL printing with YZB200 or LZB200 does not work, and your printer prints the ZPL commands instead of interpreting them, your printer obviously does not "understand" this ZPL.

You should contact someone from Zebra or the printer reseller in that case... There is nothing to do on the SAP side.