cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-Stack or Stack Split (ABAP and JAVA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Hope you are all doing good. Happy thanksgiving and happy new year in advance!

I have a situation here which really needs your expert opinions.

My client has come up with a wierd requirement. Currently we have an ABAP only system (NW 7.0 EHP 1) and our client wants to add a JAVA stack to it, but, they want it to be dual stack now. We advised them that currently SWPM supports splitting only and SAP also stopped supporting dual stack environments, but, still they want this to be done.

Before finally saying 'NO', I would like to thoroughly investigate for any possibility to achieve this. Things which I thought:

Install JAVA ADD-IN with Installation master for ERP 2005 (As from 701 onwards we have SWPM only which has no dual stack option). Here the cons will be that kernel will be 700 for this installer and software components will also be for NW 700. But, as we have ABAP 701 so this is a problem may be. But, what we thought that after Java gets installed we will upgrade the JAVA kernel to make it same as ABAP (721) and later we can upgrade Java to NW 701. This options sounds tedious and also confusing,but, my question here is "Is it possible?"

If there's any other way or workaround then also please suggest.

The situation is tricky and we have never done this before hence need your help on this.

Thanks,

Avishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek

I think its not possible, you can install the new JAVA  instance on the same ABAP system with different SID and you can integrate with ABAP & JAVA. two instance in a single database.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I am already aware of that, and your point is correct. But, still, the workaround which I have thought would be feasible? If no, why (technical aspect)?

Thanks

Avishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got a note 1181025. Let me check the same and will get back. In case you have any suggestions let me know.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek

I think your requirement is different from the SAP Note 1181025. You can also raise the medium support ticket to SAP check is possible or not?

Regards

SS