Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change data source from bex query to HANA models for design studio dashboard

haripriya_pampana
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In present scenario we are using design studio dashboard source as bex query.

There is a perfomance issue with bex query.it is taking much time to display output.(BW on Hana)

Now we want to create hana models on top of infocues or fact tables and we want to connect that models to existing dashboards as a datasource.

please adise on the following.

1. can i create the view on facttable or dictly on infocue( it is flatfile datasource,no masterdata)

2. can we directly connect the model or universe to the existing dashboard(design studio)

i am new to hana and design studoi.

please advise.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Yes You can connect to UNX universe, and you can remap universe object to design studio application.

but my suggestion is try to use Bex accelerator for your bex query. may be it will preform fast.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Create Calculation view in HANA  and consume it in Design Studio using add Datasource functionality. Universe is also accepted  but ill suggest you to go with HANA.

Regards,

Tanush

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

It's a very broad qurestio nyou have. More like a set of questions I have done the moving of models between the platforms (NW and BIP) and models/queries before and there are a few variables to it.

Firstly, which platform are you using? If you already use the BIP, then it is a relatively easy move as soon as you have models in place. You just change the source under DS_1, DS_2, etc. If your DesignStudio Apps reside on NW and you want them to be based on HANA views, you will need to move them to BIP first and then "fix" the connections. I've done that by exporting the Applications to local workstation and importing it on a different platform. Sorry, just one-by-one. Then the pain just matters on the version(s) of DS and the amount of custom components you've got in the applications.

Secondly, regarding the BEx running slow and moving of the logic to HANA models. Well, my first bet would be there is something sub-optimal done BW modelling. The second suspect is BEx and/or User Exits. Very rarely there is a case where it is not the matter of modeling and performance tuning. If you are 100% sure nothing can be done better and you got the budget to play around, then you can invest time in rebuilding the things in HANA. Then you need to generate Analytical Model, based on you Cubes, build the Calc View on top of it and keep the fingers crossed that it's faster than BEx

* have to mention, that from my personal perception based on nothing, modelling in HANA studio has substantially more sensitivity to the skill of a modeler as compared to a BEx query.

Cheers,

Dmitry

haripriya_pampana
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dmitry,Nirav,

thanks for the quick response.

can we directly change the datasource from bex query to hana model universe.

i donot know on which platform we are using the desgn studio.

one more clarification ... we need to maintain same query structure that we maintain in bex.

Thank you

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

again, depends on the platform you use. Can be peanuts (same platform), can be lengthy (move over, etc.)...

haripriya_pampana
Contributor
0 Kudos

if they are not on same platform how we move into same platform?

can you please share your ideas hoe we change the datasource?

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please read my very first reply