cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how data flow to display address in an adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

need help to understand the sequence of data retrieval from a table (say ship-to address)  during display on the pdf  form.

if address number is given in the properties field then the form displaying the address. how to debug or check whether desired data is coming into the context of the form or not?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant

Hi Kishan,

I guess you are retrieving the address number & address details in the Driver Program.

You are passing the address details to the form interface and now just wanted to make sure all fields are available ?

1) Well what the driver program gives comes into Form's interface Import parameters.

2) Now only the fields from import dragged and dropped on the context are available for the form.

3) once you are in the form, see the data view, you will find all the fields from the context here.

4) now only the fields used (binded) from the data view to the form fields bear any value.

for a test, Simply drag all import parameters onto the context (make sure all fields are active in context).

now switch to form and see the dataview, drag the entire dataview and drop it on the form.

ADLC automatically builds form with fields (based on their datatype) and does the binding as well.

test run the form end to end, you will see what all data is available there.

At one point I could infact place a custom ABAP code in the context, some how I couldn't recall how to do it. there I could put a break-point as well.

So in all Driver-->Form Interface-->Form Context-->Data view-->PDF form,  that's how data flows through.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai for your time.

Actually the problem is with the address node. I can't able to figure out which data fields are displayed in the address node. Like where its define to select some specific fields for a specific type of address(say ship to address or sender address) to show it in the address node.

I know that its work through the binding of address number of that type but if i want to show one more field (say country name ) in an address node then where and how to do that.

and thanks again.

apoorva_dethe1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

For checking the address that is displayed in address node of Adobe form, put a break-point in FM 'ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM'.

Now, trigger your Adobe form. You will be directed to the FM and you can check what parameters are being passed and what fields are getting displayed in address.

For country name issue, country doesn't appear in Domestic cases ( sender and receiver country same ).

For Export case ( sender and receiver country different ) it appears.

You also need to check in Customizing, if the field T005-XADDR is set ( Country settings - Print country name check box ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that its work through the binding of address number of that type but if i want to show one more field (say country name ) in an address node then where and how to do that.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishan,

Did you use any standard structure to your address data on form or a "Z" structure ?

If its a standard structure check do you have any field for country, else in your form interface add a new field, now in the driver program pass value to this field.

If its a Z structure, enhance the structure and add a new field for country, open the form interface and regenerate the import parameters. finally in you driver program fill in country as well in the structure.

when you do either of above the country field is available to make it available in context and thus the form.

Cheers,

Sai