cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate expired certificate popup

marie_renneke
Participant

Dear experts,

I know this question has already been asked some time ago but maybe there might be some update that I don't know about...

Is there a way to deactivate the "expired certificate" popup that appears when logging on to an SAP ABAP system?

I mean else than deleting the expired certificates or the certificates that will expire soon.

Thanks & regards

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bdamian
Explorer

Hello all,

A bit late, but here a solution to prevent SM02 messages about expiring certificates.

report SSF_ALERT_CERTEXPIRE has an option to lock the AUTOABAP run for report SSFALRTEXP:

Create a variant, lets call it CERT_EXPIRE, where you specify that it will replace AutoABAP, it will generate warnings and send mail to specific users added on the recipient list:

Finally, schedule this report & variant to run daily before 03:00 in the morning.

Go to Menu - Program - Execute in Background:

You will be able to see the scheduled job on SM37:

Then only people included on the recipient list will receive the warning mail about expiring certificates.

No more scaring messages to end users about expiring certificates!!

Related note: 572035 - Warning about expired security certificates

Saludos!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to know how to delete the message or you don't want the popup to come even after the expiration time reaches for the certificate.

Thanks,

Chowdary.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chowdary,

we want to generally prevent that the popup is shown - if possible.

If this isn't possible a deletion of the message would be the next best option.

Thanks & regards

Marie

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

You may deactivate the auto ABAP process, that shows the warning about security certificates. Note that this will prevent you from knowing (in an automated way) about the certificates that are about to expire in your system.

SAP note 588297 tells about the report used.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

You can also delete the message using SM02. Once you login to the SM02 there you can see the certificate expiration warning message, once you delete the message from SM02 then any user dont get popup when they login into the ABAP system.