cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PISUPER Change Password PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need your help for this issue, I want to change the password of PISUPER user and Administrator user on PI 7.4 but I dont know what steps need to follow for this activity.  what are the complications the change this pass? and if exist some pre-activities and post-activities?

I've a PI 7.4 Java Stack with Oracle 11.2

I hope your help.

kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

Changing the passwords for both should not be an issue unless either one of them are used in some RFC setting on the backend to connect to PI, which is not recommended.

You can change it from the UME at the following URL

http://host:port/useradmin

Just search for the user, then select it and click Modify, update the passwords and save.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Only one more thing, I will appreciate you so much if you give me a documentation of SAP that support this change of password or where mentions that is not recommendable for a RFC setting on the backend to connect to PI. i understand that are a series of steps simples but I need to show the support for this change.

I'll follow your recommendation for password change for those users mentioned.

Thanks so much

king regards

Carlos

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

Refer to the following. PISUPER is considered a dialog user and Administrator is a default user. For messaging communications, a service user should be used instead - normally I'd just use the default PIAAPL<SID> in the backend or whichever system which will be sending messages to PI.

Standard Users (AEX) - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng for your help I'll red this documentation and I'll change the password like you mentioned, if you have other tip for this it will welcome.

thanks so much

Kind regards

Carlos

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome. Do close this thread if you have no further queries regarding this matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am sorry, i am new in the PI world, for this reason i opened this discussion, in a ECC exist a report that you run and you know which user is used for determine RFC, in a PI how to get this report?

like you say, isn't recommended the use of those users for RFC setting  on the backend to connect to PI, how to know if some user is used for this?

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to run this on PI. You need to run this on the backend system that connects to PI, ECC for example. Since you say there is such a report in ECC, run that report and put in those two users.

Answers (0)