cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where the company creates a master contract for free goods accrued over a period.

If distributor A has accrued 1000 cases of material 123 , a qty contract is created for 1000 cases where distributor A is the SP.

Now the user creates a sales order wrt the qty contract and copies the item from qty contract.As per the client there may be cases where the distributor has asked the company to replace material 123 with material 456. My question is

1. Can this scenario be mapped through Material Determination ?
  2. How to update the qty in the contract for material 123 when the material has been replaced with another material in the sales order.

Can someone please help.

Regards.

SAURAV MALLICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone please suggest or tell me the solution.

Regards

SAURAV

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please wait to see if you get any replies from others.

If you don't get any solution, I think you might have to go for Customization. In the copying controls, custom code has to be written that if material A is replaced with material B, reduce the open order quantity in the contract by the same amount as the quantity of material B in the subsequent sales order.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me on this.

Regards.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material determination in context with sales contract was already discussed here https://scn.sap.com/thread/3253007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response but the problem is updating the open quantity for material A in the sales contract when the material in the contract has been replaced with material B in the sales order which has referred to the contract.

So can someone please help me solve the issue.

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is the value for the quantity/value field in the item level copy controls?

Currently, when item A is substituted with item B, what happens to the original quantity in the Contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

The contract and sales order both open.

The contract quantity is not reduced.

Help please.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.