cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS - Creating a private AMI for SAP HANA ONE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a private AMI for SAP HANA ONE, from the market place AMI

I successfully created a private AMI from a running/configured ec2 instance launched from the market AMI. I'm able to launch a new ec2 from the private AMI and able to connect to it from the SAP Studio , which proves that the SAP HANA DB has started up and running.

The problem is with the SAP HANA ONE portal / management console. It is NOT recognizing that a new ec2 instance has ben successfully launched

and I'm unable to do the admin functions available via the portal.

Can I do all the administration of SAP HANA from the SAP studio or do I need SAP HANA ONE portal/console to do some of the admin functions?

If so, can someone help me to figure out the problem

Thanks in advance

Vasu Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for trying out and using SAP HANA One on AWS!

We currently do not allow making of private AMIs from marketplace AMIs; it is disallowed in our End User License Agreement. The management console and portal functionalities, in addition to a number of SAP HANA database features, will not work on instances launched from private AMIs. Please launch instances only from marketplace AMIs, or from 'Product List' page on SAP HANA One Portal.

Thank you again for using SAP HANA One on AWS. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Mudit S