Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Spotlight for SQL Server Enterprise

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our company is purchasing license for Dell spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise to monitor DB environments. When we run in CRM system, I noticed some expensive SQL statements in SAP from this tool. Is this tool good for SAP system running in SQL DB? Our SQL DBA recommending this tool for our company, however I am not sure it is good for SAP. Anybody has any experience with this tool? Is it good for SAP environments? Please advise.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

We use DBA Cockpit and Solution Manager for such purpose. It might be helpful for your DBA for other purposes but for overall administration and monitoring of SAP systems running on SQL Server you should use DBA Cockpit.

Check the following documents:

Best Regards,

Luis Darui

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

In CRM, the select statement ran from the tool is showing alert as expensive statement, so I am not sure if I should accept the dell spotlight software for monitoring DB. It is recommended by a SQL DBA but he has never worked in SAP environment.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

There are many ways to determine such information, but we as SAP will support only DBA Cockpit for such purpose. If your DBA is not familiar with SAP NetWeaver, it could be a good idea for him to get familiar with DBACockpit to enhance his skills, specially for databases running on SAP.

I'd say that he could look into DBACockpit transaction > Performance > SQL Statements. This also provide access for the ABAP code for the statement, which I believe Dell Spotlight won't give you.

You as a BASIS would like to know the source of this statement, either to:

• Report to SAP
  • Contact the developer in your team (in case of custom development) to improve the code;
  • Add a HINT (Sometimes a HINT can resolve your issue) to the statement in ABAP
  • Check whether this program has a note for a code fix, etc;

My opinion and suggestion.

Regards,

Luis Darui

Answers (0)