cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFC lead number and inventory id at same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

i have a problem. I have a material "xyz" with a 2D Barcode (SFC-number) which is manufactuared in a external company.

We manufactuare the material "abc" the 2D Barcode of the material "xyz" must be the leading sfc number after starting production.

Weeks before the production of material "abc" starts we get a digital bill of delivery. In the digital bill of delivery i have the SFC-number of all delivered materials "xyz" in addition test data to each SFC.

I want to save the SFC-numbers with these additional data in SAP ME and check before if these numbers excist. If these SFC-numbers already excist i will generate a error message. If there is no entry i will save the SFC-numbers with additional data in SAP ME.

In production i have a shop order for material "abc". Now i want that the SFC (2D barcode) of material xyz is my leading number for the manufactuared material "abc".

I hope you understand what i mean. Is there any possibility in SAP ME?

Regards,

Arne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arne

I'm not clear on the relationship between material xyz and abc. Is xyz a component of abc?

You say that xyz is made externally. So do you really need this to be an SFC in your system, or can it be an Inventory ID? If it's an SFC, then it will need a routing associated with it, which makes it more complex to handle.

If I also understand correctly, you want the unique number of the xyz material to form the first part of the abc material SFC - is that correct? You do have the possibility to create your shoporder with serial numbers that you supply for example, but you won't be able to get Net Number to use the individual numbers from the xyz material.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

yes xyz is a componente of abc. I will try to give you a better explanation.

We manufacture different materials a,b,c.

Each of these materials a,b,c have the same component material xyz. Variants arise later in production process.

Material xyz is manufactuared at external company. The material xyz have a unique number (2D-Barcode).

If i have a shop order of material a. I must create SFC numbers for material a. And know the problem.
The SFC-number for material a must be the unique number of component xyz, because only this component have a 2D-Barcode which i can scan later in production.

Before the component was delievered to our company we get a e digital bill of delivery (with the unique number of the 2D Barcode) for these component/material xyz. At first we must proof if these components/materials excist in sap me. If they not excist we must save the numbers with additional data from the digital bill of material in SAP ME.

If i have a shop order of material a. I must take one component of material xyz and plug it in material a. Anymore the unique number of the component xyz must be the released SFC for material a, because only these components have a 2D-Barcode.

I hope my problem would be little bit more understandable. Thanks for youre fast answer .

Regards,

Arne

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Arne

To make the SFC number of material 'a' the same as the unique number of the component xyz, you can simply serialize your SFC. So, release the SFC as any internal number, generated by Next number, start any SFC of that material/order  (e.g. pick the first one in the list, or use Start by Material), then use the Serialize activity and scan the 2D barcode of the component. If that number exists already as an SFC or Inventory ID, then SAP ME will not allow it.

It's not clear to me how you intend to load/check the digital bill of delivery however. Will this be an external application? As a separate application, you could access SAP ME's PAPIs and check for the existence of the same numbers. But where do you intend to save the "additional" data in SAP ME? How will this be used? If it's just for a custom report for example, then it could be saved to a custom table by the external application. Remember you can't load these components as inventory IDs into SAP ME using the number on the 2D barcode, or the serialize solution in the first paragraph won't work: you cannot have an inventory ID and an SFC with the same number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for youre Answer.

I will try a little bit and tell you if it works .

Regards,

Arne