cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM WM. Movement 321 to another Storage Type and Storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I have created a usage decisión code; called OK which is associated with inventory posting code WMENGE01.

This code exekutes movemento 321 in order to move stock from quality lo released stock.

We would like that this movement would not be made automatically . Because we would like to do both:

1- Change stock type from Q to released stock.

2- Change from the storage type and storage bin in which it is placed now to another storage type and bin.

I though it was achieved just having this flag blank:

spro- Logistic Execution- Warehouse Management- Activities - Transfers - Define Movement Types-

I select our warehouse numbre and movement 321 ->

Post to same bin -> This flag is blank.

This is not the way as I see. Is it possible what I need?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you intend to mean when you say you don't want 321 to happen automatically? Do you mean to say when you post the stock out of quality inspection, then 321 shouldn't happen automatically?

If that's truee, then there is no way to prevent this since 321 is the only movement to take stock from QI to Unrestricted.

Or, if you want to make 321 manually (I believe using MB1B) to move QI stock then again it won't be possible.

I think there could be third aspect to your query. Tell us when you make the usage decision, does the stock goes automatically to unrestricted and to same storage location (GR location) ? And you want to prevent this??

If that's the case, then YES it can be prevented. Remove the 'posting proposal UD' from the UD code OKand leave it blank. This way, when you make the UD, you'll have to manually post the stock out of QI and storage location can also be changed to desired one during stock posting.

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin!!

Thanks for your answer

We first place material in a certain  WM bin. After that we make UD and stock goes to unrestricted and to same storage type and bin.

I would like to prevent this.

I am not able to find the flag you explain.

I have defined the OK code that I use from spro-Quality Management- Quality Planning- Basic data- Catalog Edit Catalogs-

I have created a Codegrup there ante OK code in side. Where is the 'posting proposal UD' ?

Thanks in advance.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to QS51. Put 3 into the catalog and enter your respective plant. Thereafter, select your Selected set and then double click on Selected set codes.

If you observe similar settings, modify it as per my earlier suggestion This will prevent the automatic stock posting based on the code OK.

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

I have already this value as VMENGE01  To unrestricted use.

I have tried these ones; just in case.

VMENGE01  0 To Unrestricted use stock; blocked batch status

VMENGE01  1 To Unrestricted use ; Unrestricked batch status

I haven´t got 321 movement to be manual.

Thanks anyway.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You got to leave that BLANK. Put nothing in there and save. So once you save the UD, you would need to manually carry out stock posting out of QI. During this process, you can change the storage location.

Pl Note: Once you remove the Posting Proposal UD, it will impact every process wherever this code is in use for automatic stock posting.

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!!!

I have leaved it blank but 321 is made automatically as before.

Thanks anyway.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaione,

I have not followed your entire discussion with Nitin, but I think you can explore the below possibility to achieve your requirement -

a) Create 2 separate UD codes  A1 and A2, both linked to posting proposal WMENGE01.

b) Now try to use the enhancement at UD -

QEVA0001  Enhancement: Quantity posting for usage decision

QEVA0005  User subscreen for displaying add. data for usage decision

This enhancement should be triggered only for UD code A2 and that too for the specific case you are expecting stock posting at UD. This process should not be generalized for all.

NOTE:

1. Please do not use this code A2 while manually posting partial stocks form UD screen, else you may introduce inconsistency, and you need to test the impact of such a situation before implementing it.

2. Also please do not expose all inspection types for this enhancement, as there may be some inspection types linked to stock posting at UD, some may not. Use this case only for your particular situation.

Please suggest if this works for you.

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Im not sure what's happening at your end. Once you de-link the posting proposal UD from the UD code, you got to post the stock out of QI manually.

Do one thing, try the scenario in testing server. Get an UD code without any link in the background and use new inspection lot. Ensure, lot has SPRQ into the system status. Now when you make the UD using this code, system status should remain SPRQ only. If it gets to SPCO, there is something wrong with the settings.

Also, pl share what status you get (SPRQ or SPCO) after you save the UD code in existing inspection lots.

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin!!!

I think I have missunderstood you.

I would like that UD would impact both:

- Making 321 in IM

- Making 321 in WM

You say that after we make UD we have to manually carry out stock posting out of QI.

That was the step I wanted to avoid. Is it posible?

What I do nowadays:

1- Place stock into a cartain bin CAO-RECEPCION for example ( CAO is a storage type whereas RECEPCION is a bin within that storage type)

2- Make UD. This way 321 is made within IM.

Within WM -> 2 lines have been created:

922   + stock    S

922   - stock     Q

3-  From tranx. LU04 -> Lines in 922 are deleted and we are able to transfer stock from CAO-RECEPCION to another storage and bin.

Is this the proccess to be followed or is there any possibility to make WM movements from UD?

Thanks in advance.