Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST HTTPS Certificates

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I am trying to connect REST synchronous HTTPS webservice using SAP REST standard adapter(POST),for this I am using self signed certificares with CN name as https:<server ipaddress>:<port>, imported self signed certificates and private key in Trusted CAs and enableed "Use client Certificates" check box in REST adapter, when I am trying to connect I am getting the below hand shake failure error, can any body help:

Here I am attaching screen shot of my self signed certificates, Comm channel Error and Rest comm channel config for your reference.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajiv

I'd suggest you use XPI inspector Example 11 (Authentication, SSL & PP) to debug your SSL issue. That's really the best tool you have to do this as you can see the whole SSL session logs.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

I am already using XPI Inspector I found the below Error in logs, can any body help:

ssl_debug(334): Handshake completed, statistics:ssl_debug(334): Read 1304 bytes in 3 records, wrote 436 bytes in 4 records.ssl_debug(334): Shutting down SSL layer...ssl_debug(334): Sending alert: Alert Warning: close notifyssl_debug(334): Read 0 bytes in 0 records, 0 bytes net, 0 average.ssl_debug(334): Wrote 0 bytes in 0 records, 0 bytes net, 0 average.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

Any body help on my above request.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv

Can you provide screenshot of the full IAIK debug steps like below?

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Here I am attaching full IAIK debug steps:

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The XPI log does not show that the server requesting a client certificate "Received certificate_request handshake message".

Are you sure that the web server supports client certificate authentication? If yes, then I think you need to send this log to the owner of the server and ask them why the client certificate request is missing.

Another thing you can try is just to remove client certificate authentication from your REST channel and test it out again.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thank you for your message, I am not using client certificate authentication in REST channel, with without this option I am getting same hand shake error in RWB ,the webserver its working fine soap UI without certificates, these are self signed certificates so I am not understanding why its not giving any error in SSL debug log but throwing error in RWB

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your case is very confusing. If the server is working fine in SOAP UI without certificate, why are you using self signed certificates in the REST comm channel in your original screenshots?

Are you sure of the web service requirement and do you know what you are doing? Do not simply add self signed certificates if it is not required.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

this is HTTPS URL so I thought it is must for HTTPS protocol, even with or without certificates its throwing same error.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your channel screenshot seems you are not maintained Basis authentication(user,password), are you sure that server can hit with out this authentication?

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no Basic authentication for webservice hence I am not using any user name and password, in Soap UI its working without any user authentication

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are u sure you are getting exact data with your structure in response.

you might have getting HTML data i guess.

if you are getting correct data there, defiantly its strange , because your URL is HTTPS

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

This is Solved now, after enabling SSL protocol from server side issue resolved.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Eng Swee,

I was following your blog to convert XML to JSON using your blog in REST receiver, I deployed EAR and configured as per the blog, but still I can't see Jsoncontent log entry in logs, also I am getting the below error, could you please help me:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

I looked into your logs - it says you are using IDOC_AAE??? Are you using REST comm.channel in your ICO?

Thank you,

Justin

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes its idoc aae to rest

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's kind of confusing.. Can you explain end - to end scenario here? You are saying Synchronous scenario and you are using POST method in REST, so can't able to connect the dots here. Please explain your scenario.

Thank you,

Justin.