cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick into a different HU based on Route?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement to use a different HU (we use TOTES) based on the ROUTE (our ROUTES are engineers in the field).  This is because some engineers require lower weight TOTES.

Can someone walk me through the config required to set this up?

Current Process:

• ERP Delivery raised
  • EWM Wave created automatically
  • Wave released manually
  • WO created
  • WT split depending on HU Weight limit

New Process:

• ERP Delivery raised
  • EWM Wave created automatically
  • Wave released manually
  • WO created
  • WT split depending on HU Weight limit
  • HU determined by ROUTE

Steps done:

• I have created a new TRANSPORTATION ZONE in ERP
  • I have created a new WAVE TEMPLATE in EWM
  • I have created a new HU based on the old one, but with a lower weight limit
  • I have created a new WOCR
  • I have created a new PACKAGING SPEC using the new WOCR

I'm now trying to figure out how to link the new ROUTE with the new WOCR but keeping the same ACTIVITY etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

I'm not sure it will work but did you check limit values in WOCR? (Cross-Process Settings >> Warehouse Order >> Define Limit Values for the Size of a Warehouse Order)

If you determine different consolidation group based on routes, you can limit consolidation group to 1 in each HU. (Goods Issue Process >> Define Consolidation Group. )

You may need adjustments on storage type and WPT depending on your customizing. Make sure check these, too.

Best regards

Serhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limit values for WO:

Serhan Er wrote:

If you determine different consolidation group based on routes, you can limit consolidation group to 1 in each HU. (Goods Issue Process >> Define Consolidation Group. )

Can you expand on this?

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

As in the help section says;

Example

You want products for the same customer on the same route to be packed together. In this IMG activity, you select the values Ship-To Party and Route. All delivery items with the same criterion then receive the same consolidation group, and can be packed together.

This works like a packing group. You can group or split delivery items based on consolidation group. Choose appropriate option for your case in customizing then create delivery. You will see CG number in each delivery item.

First try to customize having different consolidation group for different routes, then we may help on other adjustments.

Best regards

Serhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the consolidation group determine which WOCR to use?

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Let's say you have one WO for 10 different routes now. After consolidation group customizing, you will have 10 WOs. It will be splitted based on route.

More information can be found at sap help:  Consolidation Group - Goods Issue - SAP Library

Best Regards

Serhan