cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Management in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very new to Solution Manager 7.1, i have been assigned a task for Solution manager Testing( i am not sure if i am using the correct term). Please let me know if i can get a step by step document for phases involved in Solution manager testing, or any RKT which helps me understand it better. I have gone through many Pdf's but still searching for something which gives me full end to end phases and steps for Solution manager testing. Please share links to videos or PDF's

Hoping for a quick response

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Using Test Management framework of SolMan you can enrich your customers with multiple options and all these depends on the requirements and flexibility that is needed.

Option 1 - CBTA (Automated Test management) for SAP Applications. This is similar to older ECatt that was used but an enhanced version that supports almost all the SAP Application platform that's available.

Then you have an option to integrate SAP TAO or HP QC or IBM rational with test management framework of SolMan, means all your test execution is carried out in the above external tools but the test repositories and the test results, test executions are carried out / stored centrally in SolMan system.

So now the question is what type of testing tool is your customer using or want to use?

Each tool have there own capabilities, has Rishav already mentioned the best place to start is

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Test Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps you to understand " Solution Manager Testing "

Regards,

Dillip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please follow the below link for test management

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Test Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

However, you need to decide which option you want to go.

Are you using the HP QTP or you wan to use the solution manager only.

Is it automation testing then you can go for cbta, or the manual testing then normal test managaement workcenter will suffice your requirement.

thanks

Rishav