Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating subtree causing message mapping stuck

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sap All.

i have got an issue in the PI Message mapping program.

here in the mapping program i have duplicated a subtree1(having child trees for about 21) for 8 times and another subtree2(having child trees for about 26) .for 9 times.now when i try to duplicate subtree1 for another time i.e 9th time and when i mapped 3 fields in it and try to save it the system stucks and i need to cancel the process and restart it again.

so i wonder why i can't save it.

is it because of any memory issue as i duplicated the subtrees ?.

can anyone help me in this.

Regards.

Jagdish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

This seems to be memory issue, please consult with BASIS team.

Regards

Anupam

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

the issue is not resolved yet.is there any other way of duplicating the subtrees for multiple times out side of PI Message mapping ?.like xslt mapping or the other.

Regards.

Jagdish.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jagdish,

Try increasing the heap size of PI server,might help.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Resort to xslt or java mapping. Then you do not need to duplicate subtree.

Regards

Anupam

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam Ghosh.

here my scenario is IDOC to Web Service Interface. in my mapping program i have to duplicate a Sub tree for more than 10 times as the field named property in it is mapping to 10 different fields from Source IDOC .

so i don't know of any alternate way other than duplicating that Sub tree.

Regards.

Jagdish.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

can you please provide a sample source and target structure? Then perhaps I can show you a sample of mapping that required here without duplicating subtree. Before that please raise the issue with Basis team and inform them to look in the issue.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can increase the heap size of your ESR. It normally is 512m, you can increase it upto 1024m and see.

Regards,

Souvik

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sap All.

so far i didn't get any answers yet,is my question not clear enough ?.

adding to the previous thread,iam guessing that may be because of iam duplicating complex structures (having occurrence 1..unbounded) in the PI MESSAGE mapping program the system is hanging due to memory issues.

Regards.

Jagdish.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

What is the size of you payload?, have you tried to save it in local and check the size?. I have done test with 1Mb or 2Mb without any issues, even in XI 3.0, obviously this depends of your PI memory, but you can check (or your basis team) the PI traces for any memory issue. Have you checked the java process in your laptop?, may be is your personal computer memory or you are using a jvm not appropriated for your PI version.

Regards.

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila.

yes i have tried to save the IDOC payload and the other structure payload .they are 5kb & 77 kb respectively.

i have even tried to save the mapping program on other machine having different java version but still i can't save it as the process stucks while saving it.

is there any idea on how to solve this problem ?.

Regards.

Jagdish.