Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track the changes for one table.

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I know there is a option "Log Data Changes", but when I enabled this option, I see the error "table UJF_DOC for logging is too long(Key<250, data division<16.0000)". It looks like it's not possible to use this option to track the changes this table.

The background information behind this purpose. I suspect someone or some program deleted the entries from this table. As a result, there is something wrong in the application level. However, we don't know when, by who/program.  I am not sure if there is any alternative way to find the "ghost". For example, can I use some feature like "Where Used". Then I may find out if this table is used in any program. Then I can check this program and see if there is some code "delete from this table".

Appreciate if you could provide me with some suggestions.

Best regards,

Charlie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone could help? thanks.

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its oracle database and if you set the rention period set for long then you can bring it back. but if you want who has excuted the command then it should be in audit log unless you enabled.

The below link might be helpful.

https://scn.sap.com/blogs/mho/2008/04/23/how-to-get-those-accidentally-deleted-rows-back-on-oracle

Internal Deletion - Find out who deleted data record

Thanks,

Brindavan

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, Brindavan.