cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nZDM available in DMO? (not standard SUM)

former_member146669
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

As i know that there is near Zero Downtime Minimized option in SUM (as show in attached screen cap).

Anyone know that if this option exist in DMO (as part of SUM which is ideal option for HANA migration) as well?

I go through the document & blog of DMO, the term and option of nZDM is not mentioned.

Sorry that i should test myself but I don't have enough to prepare the source system,  tools and xml..etc..and have to propose the downtime optimize for HANA migration project soon...

Please advise.

Thank you.

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Gary,

no, DMO does not support the near Zero Downtime Maintenance (nZDM) option.

For reducing the downtime during DMO, the "downtime optimized DMO" is the possible technique, currently "available on request", see

• nZDM reduces the downtime by updating big application tables already during uptime (and replay the delta created) for an update/upgrade
  • downtime optimized DMO reduces the downtime be migrating big application tables already during uptime (and replay the delta created) for update&migration (DMO)

Regards, Boris

former_member146669
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you x 100~!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just wanted to see if you can share some inputs as to how the business outage/downtime can be reduced to bare minimum  while moving BW on Oracle to BW on HANA ...looking at around 8TB source system oracle DB ..

Customer is asking for this final production cutover  to be done in less than 36 hours

Answers (0)