cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wave management without deconsolidation

0 Kudos

Hi team,

I would like to know if any of you have worked with wave management without deconsolidation?

The first step of the wave transfers the HUs from the bin to the staging area, gathering the quantities of the items.

The second step the system splits the HUs and transfers the quantities to the outbound deliveries.

In this case I want to avoid the split or deconsolidation. I want to send all the HUs there are in the staging area to the door.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are you really doing?

Deconsolidation and wave management together for sure NOT. Because the deconsolidation is an inbound process and wave management is outbound (at least in your case).

"The first step of the wave transfers the HUs from the bin to the staging area, gathering the quantities of the items.

The second step the system splits the HUs and transfers the quantities to the outbound deliveries."

This sounds like two step picking. Except that the first step does not go to the "staging area".

Can you give a little bit more details what is happening?

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Probably I've used the word deconsolidation in a wrong way, and you are right, it is two step picking.

I have three different sales, for different customers. Each one of them want partial quantities and the sum of the sales orders is the same as a full pallet.

So, I create a wave and assign all the three outbound deliveries. When I press the release withdrawal, the system creates one warehouse order to pick a full HU.

I’m using the whse proc. type 2013. This first task pick the HU from the bin and send it to a 2 step zone in the storage type 2010. The source HU is the same as the destination HU.

After the confirmation of this first warehouse order, I return to the wave and press the release button. The system creates a second task to pick from the 2 step zone and send the HU to the door.

In this moment the system splits the HU in three. I want to avoid it. I want to keep the number of the source HU and send it to the door.

Tks.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

overall purpose of wave management is to reduce the pick tour and consolidate the requirement in your case you mentioned "different sales, for different customers" so as per standard from interim area to door the allocation should happen based on customer order and system is doing that. if you don't want to segregate then what is your business requirement at what stage you want to allocate to the separate customer

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have deliveries for three customers and want to keep them in one HU? And when are you planning to split this up? You drive with the HU from one customer to the other and let him pick out?

Just joking, ok, the way I understand it you want to split it up only at the door - but sorry, this is not how it works. What if you have different doors? And well, where you do locate the "2 step zone"? That can be just before the door. But before the staging area this will get split, it can not work any other way (in the system, and for me also not logically it can be in any other way).

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anderson,

If you packspec and other settings are in place.

you have to process the wave using the Warehouse Monitor. In the Warehouse Monitor,

release the wave. In the picking process, create the pick HU's and confirm the

warehouse tasks.Here you have to select destination HU  same as source HU.

BR,

Olet

0 Kudos

Hi Olet, thanks for the info. Is it possible to keep the source HU in the second release button of the wave? I mean, I don’t want to split the HU and loose his number when I am moving it from the 2 step zone to the door.

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Correct me if i'm wrong, i think you just want to use automated warehouse task creation part. You don't need waves if you won't use consolidation. Activate action /SCWM/PRD_OUT_TO_CREATE in profile /SCDL/PRD_OUT, this creates WT for stock removal based on stock removal strategy. You can use condition record to influence when to create or which document type will be affected.

Best regards

Serhan

0 Kudos

Hello Serhan,

In fact I will consolidate the deliveries in the first step of the picking. Then I want to move the HUs to the doors without using the deconsolidation.

Imagine if in the first step the user picks 10 different HUs. The second step will deconsolidate them and turn the 10 HUs into 30 HUs. This is what I want to avoid. In the second step I want just to move the 10 HUs to the door.

Tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anderson,

You just have to create a HU WT for Warehouse request.

Where you are getting stuck ?

BR,

Olet

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Can you confirm pick WT's to the same HU? If not, why?

Pick HU is suggested by the system but can be avoided using process type or storage type customizing.

Best regards

Serhan