cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy queue per interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are adding a new system to our PI 7.1 landscape and it causing queue blocks/high volume to out PI-ECC system

This is HTTP to ABAP Proxy ( via PI 7.1) & we would like to put each interface ( 6 of them) in separate queue, one for each interface.

With this, we can let it follow the separate queue and does not disturb other running interface.

I have configured EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL_SENDER in PI SXMB_ADM, but it looks like it will put all the interfaces coming from one system to one queue, where we want queue per interface not per sending system

Please advice, how can we achieved it. Since we are using HTTP sender, we don't have sender CC to put the messages in queue from sender side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An alternative you can go for is to switch the sender channel to a SOAP channel. It can behave similar to an HTTP channel if you check "Use No SOAP envelope".

Using a SOAP channel would allow you to change the QOS to EOIO and specify the queue name. Do note that using EOIO always comes with the drawback that if one message fails, it blocks the rest until it is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. 3rd Party cannot switch over to SOAP.

Also HTTP Sender Channel does not allow setting up queue.

Only way it looks like is setting between SAP PI to ECC.

Please suggest

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

Thanks for the reply. 3rd Party cannot switch over to SOAP.

With the option pointed by Eng your endpoint partner doesn't need to change anything, the trick is that with that check set SAP PI doesn't validate the SOAP structure tags, then PI will accept the message.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! That is one option that i am considering. Since we are already live, i am trying to explore other options as well.

As mentioned, i have setup the EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL_SENDER in PI SXMB_ADM.

With this i should be able to direct all messages from particular sender system to one queue.

However, i am looking at if i can make a query per interface via SXMB_ADM parameters.

Appreciate all your responses till now.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP with "Do not use SOAP envelope" behaves like HTTP. Third party does not need to switch to SOAP, but the URL endpoint will be different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I will explore that optioN. However this will be changes at lot of places .

I was looking for something in sxmb_adm or anyw else where I can do it.

I Know I can do per system but looking for quque per interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.. Any suggestion from experts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am starting to believe that only options is to replace HTTP with SOAP and put the queue for each interface.. Please advice if there is any other options..Thanks!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sap,

Why don't you configure Sender HTTP sender channel with Post protocol and configure the Queue prioritization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! By putting the queue on Sender, do i need to select EOIO or i can do with EO as well.

Also i was under impression that we don't create HTTP sender channel??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just the message again..!! We don't want to priorities the queue.

What we are looking at is put the particular interface in separate queue...

Also putting the sender HTTP channel & putting the queue there will put all the messages coming from HTTP sender to go in this queue.

We are not looking at that.We are looking for dedicated queue per interface.