cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer with PPM for Statistical WBS in PS

Former Member

Folks,

Is there any issue to pull the Plan/Actual values for Budget or Costs from PS to PPM if the WBS elements in PS are marked as Statistical?

Any considerations you think should be made for data transfers?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should work as for 'regular' actual cost! No special preparation should be required.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are using Statistical WBS elements for all the WBS in the PS Project Structure.

We have to bring the Budget, Commitments and Actuals to Financial Planning view on the item.

I see the Value type for Budget and Commitments in SPRO for Financial Planning Settings in PPM.

But, there is no Value type '11' - 'Statistical Actual' in SPRO in PPM.

Is it not possible to bring the Statistical Actuals to Financial Planning in PPM? If not, is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I am not sure whether Statistical Actual value transfer will work

I can offer the following input:

The Value Type to Financial View mapping is maintained under the relevant setting "Define Financial Planning Setting" in SPRO. It is to this setting, I think, you are referring to when you stated that there is "..no value for value type 11..". Correct? The 'Available' value types in this setting is determined by values maintained under SPRO--->....Base System Interfaces--> SAP Financial and Controlling Integration -->SAP Portfolio and Project management system customising for SAP FI-CO-->Customise Value Types

Perhaps if you maintained the Value type 11 here then it will be available for mapping.

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful input C. I will have to test this out and check if it brings those values.

Would you/anyone know if the Table where dollar values are stored in FICO/PS for 'Actuals-4' for Real WBS elements, is same for 'Statistical Actuals-11' WBS elements that the program: /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING uses to pull Financial Data to PPM?

I am trying to understand (without testing), if logically the program would still bring in the values for Statistical Postings based on the program looking for line items with Value type=11.

Wonder if it is table COEP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes - I am also very much interested to know whether the statistical values will roll up. We have had many other rollup related issues so I would be pleasantly surprised if this works. Yes, I would think the relevant table is COEP

Please keep us posted

Best Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, will keep posted.

Question about Value types.

For Commitments, in PPM value type = 40. But in COEP table, 40 = Request for true investments.

Also, in COEP, 21 = Commitments on PR and 22 = PO Commitment

How do we go about Value types for commitments?

Thanks

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the following BADI RPM_FICO_INTF in ECC to map the ECC value types to PPM Financial Planning Value types according to your need.

The method to be implemented in the above BADI is IF_EX_RPM_FICO_INTF~CONVERT_BW_WBS_COST

Best Regards,

Priyatham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

As C mentioned above using the following config. we can maintain Value types in PPM that are present in ECC:

SPRO--->....Base System Interfaces--> SAP Financial and Controlling Integration -->SAP Portfolio and Project management system customising for SAP FI-CO-->Customise Value Types

The BADI you mentioned, is that still needed in your knowledge to be implemented for this data transfer to work apart from just the configuration above?

Thanks

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the BADI is still needed. You can map the value types coming from ECC and map them to the custom value types created in PPM.

Answers (0)