cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Material tcodes (MM01,MM02 and MM03) shows nothing or asterisks in languages other than EN and DE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Using tcode MM03 for instance:

Having logged on to SAP with EN language chosen.

1) I chose the Material

2) I click Select View(s)

And it shows me this panel, the same happens when I log in to SAP shosing the German Language (DE).

But when I do the same for any other language that we have installed in our system, the following happens:

e.g. Having logged on to SAP with (RO)manian language chosen.

1) I chose the Material

2) I click Select View(s)

And it shows me asterisks

And chosing one of them, it shows me nothing

Put in other terms, in any other language than the SAP installed ones, the Master Material transactions are behaving funny.

My SMLT shows me the following:

Please help,

KR

Pedro Gonçalves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Solution was to Run Language Supplementation in client 100, for all the languages besides EN and DE.

Before I did that, I did a backup of the database justin case

For future reference, you have to run language supplementation in SMLT for all the clients, not just in 000.

Now everything's it's displaying fine, no asterisks or blank pages

Thanks Yves!

KR

Pedro Gonçalves

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro

Make sure that the supplementation has been performed in all clients (and not only 000), as supplementation is also in charge of filing the text translations for customizing tables (formerly done using report RSREFILL that is now embedded in supplementation).

Regards

1156507 - Language supplementation, RSREFILL and client maintenance

43853 - Consulting: Language-dependent + client-specific C-tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yves,

For what I've read from the note 1156507, I have to run the language supplementation for all the extra-languages I installed in SAP in all the clients, right?

I know that I've only ran it in client 000 at the time, since this new client 100, didn't exist at the time, being copied afterwards via SAP_UCUS profile.

Now,

Is it safe to run the RSREFILL report? I'm afraid doing it will erase the client customized translations

Or will the RSREFILL bypass those ones and only apply the ones that are not present in the target client ?

Thanks,

KR

Pedro Gonçalves

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Yes you should run supplementation in all clients for all language (except En and De).

If you did create the 100 client from 000 after running supplementation in that client it should be Ok.

RSREFILL should not be run on its own according to the here under note.

I've never tested supplementation impact on client customized translations, but according to note 352941 it should be Ok... but it's always better to have a backup.

You can use the tool from note 2145047 - Supportability Tool for Language Problems to see if languages are well implemented.

Regards

1996550 - RSTLAN_SUPPLEMENT_UNI: Missing RSREFILL function

As of Release 6.20, the RSREFILL (Transport Translations Between Clients) function is integrated into the language supplementation function (see SAP Note 43853), because the report RSREFILL itself is obsolete; you can therefore no longer execute the RSREFILL function without carrying out language supplementation at the same time.

352941 - Consultation: Languages and Support Packages

The Customizing data in a customer client is not overwritten by a language import or an upgrade. Data is only imported into client 000. This is because Customizing data is the responsibility of the customer and cannot be overwritten by data from SAP. This also applies, without restrictions, to translations.

However, customers may occasionally want to update their sample data and default settings with the latest translations from SAP. Only copy the clients from client 000 after all the required languages have been imported into client 000.

315375 - Periodic language supplementation

With an additional program, it is possible to repeat a language supplementation which has been scheduled via Transaction SMLT first or to execute it periodically in the future. Please note that periodic language supplementation should only be used in systems which constantly receive imports of Support Packages containing corrections.