cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Business rule to control

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Am trying to assign Business rule to control ( GRC 10 -  process control )

Am doing it in

Rule Setup -> Continuous Monitoring -> Business Rule Assignment.

Even though Business Rule in Active status , i cant able to see in Business Rule Assignment.

Whether i need to activate it anywhere or it needs to be assigned some where.

Please guide me.

Reagrds

Prasanna S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created new data source today and new Business rule today and assigned data source to Business rule.

When i trying to add New Business rule to exisitng conrol means.. am facing the issue.

Whether any issue in time frame.

0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Please check if your control is set as automated or not..if it is manual you need to change it to automated.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I have checked the control and its in automated status only.

My requirement is to create new data source and new Business rule for the data source.

finally i need to add the new Business rule and exisitng business rule to exisitng control.

i have make sure that Business rule in Active status.Both data source and Business rule has been created yesterday.

When i search for new business rule in  " Business rule assignment " i cant able to find , but when i search new business rule i cant able to find it.

please help.

Want to to make Business rule visible in business rule assignment means , what are all the conditions to check.

Reagrds

Prasanna S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Good day.

Would you be able to provide some screenshots of your business rules and data sources, so we can check the parameters entered such as their validity dates?

Could  you also provide pictures of the BRA screen so we can review the parameters/criteria you are using to search for the business rules?

Thank you.

Raphael

Message was edited by: Raphael Raoul Raymundo Ramos

0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for the reply:

attached screenshots for reference.

Regards

Prasanna S

0 Kudos

In addition attaching Business rules screenshots

0 Kudos

existing control 0 find the attachment

0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Could you please attach the screenshot of Business Rule Assignment screen (reflecting the time frame).

You will be required to set the date as of 24.11.15 or 25.11.2015 for Business rules to reflect.

Could you confirm what date you have on assignment screen.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Just tried by creating New data source and Business rule by maintaining the same Time frame date as control.

Now i can able to see the new Business rule created in " business rule assignment " for assigning it to control.

I just want to know , how "monitoring and compliance " being set as tick .

Regards

Prasanna S

0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Good to know that your issue is resolved.

Basically the control and Business Rule should belong to specified timeframe on the first screen in Business rule assignment screen.

For your second question, you will be required to select the required control (on first page itself) and click on 'Modify' button on the lower panel. there is another button 'Maintain Frequencies' select that & then you can select frequency as well as monitoring and compliance check box.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Learnt new things today.

will post further quires in new threads

Regards

Prasanna S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanna,

did you created controls and assigned to organization correctly

Are you getting any error message

refer the below SAP KBA

1665635 - Business Rule Assignment Issue

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Check the time frame(start date) when you create the Business Rule and control and search with same date in BRA.

Regards,

Rishabh