cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Report Selection S_ALR_87013532

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to include Period/year and Cost Element in the report S_ALR_87013532 selection screen. I believe we can use report painter for this? Currently this report is being run for 1000's project and is taking huge time. So the idea is to limit it for a specific period/yr and cost element.

Can anyone help with the steps or provide link to solution thread with this specific requirement

I tried S_ALR_87013544 (Actual/Plan comparison: Periods) which can be executed by period and cost element, but the report output (extract to excel) was not showing projects when this report was being run for multiple projects.

Basically we would like to extract data for multiple project for a certain period and for specific cost element. The report should show plan and actual for each project and show be able to extract to excel with key data like Project, Plan cost, Actual cost

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

It is the hierarchy report.  You can display it in CJE3 and see report 12KST1D based on the form 12KST1D.

You can create a new one as a copy with CJE1 and next modify it.

I can see Period/Year and Value Category as available characteristics, but you will need some time to play around it.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I tried that as you suggested.

However it doesent allow me to make the Period/year as a variable. Its non editable. I can bring in the value category to the report selection, but not the period/year.

Is there anything am missing?

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

That is because the form itself already has the Fiscal Year characteristic "hard coded" into the form, taking years range from 0000 to 2999.  To "open up" that characteristic for the selection parameters it has to be removed first from the form definition.

So, you need your own form as a copy from standard, but removing the Fiscal Year.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Great. Thanks Paulo. I will confirm after I try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

As you suggested, I think I  changed the from by removing the Fiscal character as you see below

However, I am still not able to make the Year and period as variable in CJE2. Its still not editable as you see below

Do you think I am missing something here?

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

On the first screen on the right side, what characteristics you can see if double-clicking on the Overall values?

Thank you,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

It was "Fiscal Year" in the characteristics and I moved it and change it to "RA Version" because It need to at least have one  character there.

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I doubt RA Version is a good choice, that will not give you anything except RA calculated values...

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

But the main issue is that I am not able to make the Period/Year a variable in the 2nd screen shot I provided. ie even after I remove the Fiscal year from the form.

I just kept RA Version because I had to select at least one character there. Does selecting anything specific make the period/year editable in the CJE2 ?

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Sorry, I was just trying to avoid doing it myself A to Z, but please try the following in the copy of your form.  Once you remove Fiscal year from the row with Overall values, just add Year/period variables like on the below screen.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo! You are awesome

Answers (0)