Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Transactional and Master Data copy from Production to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis Experts,

My question:

Is there a way to do a selective copy of transactional (& master data-optional) data from Production to Quality rather than a full system refresh?

Is there any custom or standard SAP methods in use by other clients?

I have read about SAP TDMS and we dont have this currently and hence looking for alternative creative methodology

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard transactions that can take care of this for you.  Your solutions are

1. System refreshes as full system copies; supported by sap part of SAP license "free"
  2. Use SAP application such as SAP TDMS (Test Data Migration Server) ; supported by SAP but $Kaching$
  3. Use a 3rd party tool such as appfluent gold client, or numerous others ; non SAP support $Kaching$

Option 1. is typically the best solution;  unless you will be refreshing frequently thus the investment in automation of the process is justifies the cost and effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

I think that there is no other alternative out there and you will have to convince your client to go for system refresh in order to have same transactional and master data on Quality system as on Production System.

Regards

Raj Mohan