Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP/DS - Plan determination - PPM

renato_parise
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I need your help.

We have one product with two PPM. The modes duration are: First PMM with mode duration = 3,012/H and Second PPM with mode duration = 4,267/H.

I do not understand why always the Product Heuristic (PP/DS) chooses the second plan (PPM) in my planned orders.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The mode priority define the selection of mode

If mode priority A for  resource and other  mode priority B and use the strategy in PP strategy to pick up only Mode priority A over B.

Please refer consulting note

1167150 - Usage of Mode priority

And useful SAP help links,

Mode Selection - Detailed Scheduling Topics - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

renato_parise
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

In this case all modes has the same priority.

I tried change the priority, but I will try again.

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In general if all the PPM's are having the same priority then system always select the 1st PPM which was transferred/sent to APO during initial transfer.

Try the below steps,

Delete the PPM which you do not want to get selected by heuristics first in APO.

Now you have only 1 PPM in APO system.

Now transfer the second PPM again and try running the Heuristics and let us know if it works.

Thanks

Sravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Renato,

There are 2 possible scenarios:

1) Multiple PPMs exist in the system - in this case, the source with highest priority is chosen. If the receipt created with the first choice cannot cover the demand on time, the heuristic will switch to the next source.

--> The source ranking list is determined as described in SAP Help Determination of Source of Supply Ranking List - Cross-Application Topics - SAP Library

--> In the Planning Logs, there will be a warning message informing the planner that a given source has delay.

2) A single PPM exists, with multiple/alternative modes for the same activity - in this case, the mode which will be finished the earliest (usually the one with the smallest processing time) is generally chosen. In this case, restricting the mode selection in the strategy settings as per Brahmankar's response is a possible solution.

Regards,
Tiago