cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop delivery creation for orders confirmed against planned receipts (ASN, PO etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scope of check for Sales Orders (Business Event A) and Deliveries (Business Event B) includes Stock and Advanced Shipping Notifications(ASN or PO Memo) as receipt elements.

Our requirement is to confirm sales orders based on stock and incoming shipment (ASN) but the delivery note be created only for the sales orders confirmed against Physical Stock (and not confirmed against ASN). Now that PO Memo is included in "B" scope check, system allows creation of delivery notes which cannot be delivered. We want to stop creation of these delivery notes for sales order/ intercompany orders confirmed against incoming stock.

Additional Info1:

We cannot take out 'PO Memo' from Business Event "B" check. This will create over-confirmation situation and delivery creation will not take place.

Business Event "A"

Requirement: SO1: 100, SO2: 100 (Both-confirmed - SO1 against stock, and SO2 against PO Memo)

Receipt: Unrestricted stock: 100; PO Memo: 100

Business Event "B"

Requirement: SO1: 100, SO2: 100 (Both-confirmed - from event "A")

Receipt: Unrestricted stock: 100.

If we remove PO-Memo, from Event "B" scope check, we have this situation:

Receipts: 100

Confirmed Requirements: 200

This is over-confirmation, and we cannot deliver any of these orders.

Additional Info2:

We cannot also change scope of check of event "B" and remove all requirements except deliveries, so that deliveries are competing aganist each other.

This will perhaps restrict delivery creation and together with removal of ASN receipts, we will be able to deliver orders not more than physical stock but this creates a bigger problem. Let me explain how.

Business Event "A"

Requirement: SO1: 100, SO2: 100 (Both-confirmed - SO1 against stock, and SO2 against PO Memo)

Receipt: Unrestricted stock: 100; PO Memo: 100

Business Event "B"

(Remove ASN from Receipts, Remove Sales Orders/ Scheduling agreements etc and only deliveries are requirements for Event B)

Requirement: 0

Receipt: Unrestricted stock: 100.

In this case, both SO1 and SO2, confirmed in Business Event "A" can generate delivery notes.

If SO2 generates delivery note, we have a problem as this order was confirmed against ASN.

Now, SO1 (promised to customer based on available stock) cannot be delivered.

In our case, we lose customer reservations if we follow this strategy, which is not good for our business.

I hope I have explained the issue is detail. Looking for great ideas here !

We need to implement a solution that can help us in confirming the sales orders against stock + incoming receipts (ASN/ PO). But, only be able to deliver those orders confirmed against physical stock. Delivery creation for orders confirmed against receipt elements should not be allowed.

Thanks - Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

The problem you mention

If SO2 generates delivery note, we have a problem as this order was confirmed against ASN.

Now, SO1 (promised to customer based on available stock) cannot be delivered.

is a valid one (even though you have misinterpreted how ATP actually works.  Orders do not confirm against specific supply elements.  There is no 'pegging'.  They instead confirm against an ATP quantity, which was calculated at the time the availability check was performed). 

Companies that use the strategy that I recommended in your previous post have business policies in place whereby it is not permitted for the users to deliver orders with future delivery dates.  If the business needs to deliver an order with a future confirmation date, they first need to re-atp the order and have the system regenerate an 'imminent' confirmation date (e.g. PGI date of 'today or tomorrow').  This entire process is commonly automated via use of a Delivery due list.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Bang on and now I can imagine that you have fully understood the problem.

You are 100% right with your description how GATP actually works, and that is also my understanding.

In our company, we also have guidelines in place for delivery creation. Normally, delivery notes can only be created on the current date and we have this automated via use of a Delivery Due List.

Future dated delivery notes can be created manually, but this is rarely done as our business normally follows a hands-free process (no manual processing - exceptions excluded).

Honestly, now we are thinking of technical solutions as we have not been able to fix this issue via SAP Standard.

I can imagine that many big companies may have similar requirements and will be interesting to find out how they managed to implement it.

Thank you again DB49. Ideas like these can really help !

Best wishes,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

The company I am currently working with is using the solution I previously recommended to you ("B" Availability check against ONLY stock and ONLY deliveries).  All difficulties related to this solution (such as the one you mentioned above) have been addressed through policy and procedure, and not through enhancement.  This company typically has several hundred thousand Sales items actively managed by ATP 24/7/365, and over 10 thousand unshipped delivery items open worldwide at any given point in time, so I think I can safely say that this solution is not only usable but also scalable.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)