cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java application which opens ports in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to use a java library which open ports to comunicate bidireccionally with external systems. My question are:

1) Does SAP allow to open the port by the java application easily or do we have to customize anything?

2) What's about security issues? Is it allowed to open the ports by a java application?

Please, any other information about that topic is welcomed.

Regards

Mar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mar,

What do you mean by "java library"?

Is it a package provided by SAP? By a third party company, but made specifically to run at an SAP Java system?

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

right, it is an external java library using springframework. It is not provided by SAP standard, but I want to integrate it in the SAP environment an call it from SAP MM.

The library open ports and therefore I dont know if it is possible to use such library in SAP, this new scenario is new for me.

Do you see any issues with it? Maybe security issue? Or should the ports be opened in another way (not with the external java library?)

Regards

Mar

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure that you can install a third party library at an SAP Java system.

As far as I know, only SAP delivered packages could be installed, or packages made by SAP partners.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

they are jar files what I want to upload to SAP. If upload them it is not possible then no custom java development should be possible in SAP.

To upload the jars should be ok, but open the port is another story, that's what I want to know.

Regards

Mar

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, if you concern would be the port that will be opened by this library, keep in mind that this will be outside SAP control.

How does this library provide security for this port it will open?

I believe that SAP will not be able to help here . You should contact the team related to the library...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

thanks for the reply, but I am asking a different topic.

The port number is not important, I can configure the port in the java application. I dont worry about the security of the java application neither.

But, I am not sure if SAP allows bidirectional TCP/IP connections with another system without SAP Logon. Is it allowed?

The java library open a port and comunicate with legacy systems. I am wondering if that's possible. Or do the legacy system MUST login in SAP in order to perform the comunication?

Regards

Mar

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mar,

some kind of authentication (at SAP) will have to be performed.

Otherwise, it would be a security breach.

Regards,

Isaías