cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Delivery re-assignment of serial number issue in VL01N0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am configuring materiel rerun process from customer , my requirement is very simple i need toreturn customer rejected material to sales order stock  , i did all configuration successfully and able to create return delivery but when i am doing the PGI it is asking to enter serial number ,

I want to use the same serial number which is already used but when i am trying to use it . it shows the below screen.

My question is if i use the same serial number , will this serial number allow me to return back the material to sales order stock ?

i search the post some one told to change the status through IQ02 , i tried it also but i am unable to change the status the checkbook is grayed and non editable .

if above process cant be achieved ,is there any process to just return the material to sales order stock on same sales order.

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

If your material is already sold then obviously status of the serial number will be ECUS. And once the material GR is done then the status would be ESTO

For

Return Delivery

Check the movement type used for this transaction. Ideally the movement type should be 653.

Moreover, as I understand from your post, you are using return delivery without reference of return sales order, using TCode VL01NO. Correct?

If yes, why?

From the serial number history, you can get the initial sales order used for sales.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow Parkash Sir,

Many thanks for your replay ,

About your point "

Moreover, as I understand from your post, you are using return delivery without reference of return sales order, using TCode VL01NO. Correct?

If yes, why?

"

first of all let me clear one thing sir , i am creating return delivery without sales order ,not return sales order  . And secondly may be i did not explain clearly my points please see the below scenario .

1 .Sal.order created with mat. " XYZ-991" with Quanity 10 . Sales Order Number let say "100ABC".

2. Now 10 serial number is generated  let say

100ABC-01

100ABC-02

100ABC-03

100ABC-10

3. Now User create 6 delivery out of 10 qnty and used serial number from 01...06 and did the PGI .

4. Accounting user create invoice against that delivery .

=====Requirement situation occurred====

Now customer need to return 2 PC out of  6 whose serial number is 02 and 05.

now i need solution to create return deliver which will either used this two serial numbers or either will not ask any serial number and when i do the PGI it directly reverse the stock into sales or unrestricted stock from where it can be used again.

My second situation will failed automatically because material has already assigned with serial number profile so i must used serial number in return delivery  .

this is my requirement , please help me i am in very bad need.

Thanks for your support.

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If a serial number profile has been assigned to a material, the users should be aware that serial numbers have to be specified in the deliveries.

To your point:

. Now 10 serial number is generated  let say

100ABC-01

100ABC-02

100ABC-03

100ABC-10

You should not generate new serial numbers in the delivery. Whatever serial numbers are already there in stock, among those serial numbers, the user should select what is available (indicated by status ESTO)

After doing PGI, the status of the serial number will change to ECUS.

In the return delivery, only those serial numbers which have status ECUS should be selected, since we are accepting a returns from the customer.

Serial numbers should only be created when purchasing new material. This will be done either in the inbound delivery or during goods receipt.(Status of serial number is ESTO) Once stock of material with serial number is available, when creating a sales order/delivery, stock from above available serial numbers should be selected and then PGI should be done.(status of serial number is ECUS).

During return delivery, only those serial numbers which are lying with customer (indicated by status ECUS) should be selected.

The user has to manually specify the serial number in the return delivery. OR if the enterprise has handheld scanners, the warehouse users can scan the barcode and the serial number will get entered into the delivery. (RF transactions have to be used, not VL02N).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Jamal and Prashant,

You can change the error message into warning message in BS22

System status I0188 ECUS at customer site

PMS7 Return to stock- Make it allowed.

Then you can able to do PGR with same serial number.

Best Regards,

Madesh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

Good Day.

Did you resolved this issue? Can you please tell me how? We are getting exactly same error while processing Return Delivery and as usual it's urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Prashant Patil

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

when goods issue is posted for the first time in the delivery, the status of the material changes to ECUS.

To change it back to ESTO, a return delivery should be created and the serial number with the status ECUS should be used. Upon GR, the status of the serial number will change to ESTO. The status should not be changed manually in IQ22.

Also, based on the screenshot above, the problem is that two serial numbers are trying to be returned, one of which has the status EDEL assigned to it. The serial number with the ECUS message has a warning message

Change the quantity of the return delivery to one and remove the serial number with EDEL or check if the serial number with EDEL is assigned to another return delivery and perform GR for that delivery.