Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget not available for creating another req

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

experts,

really caught up with an PS/ MM issue and it is getting critical for business. I'm not a PS consultant.

The issue: A capital order for 100,000 w/ requisition- PO- service entry sheet. now business realized that they have to pay the transporter also so they created a credit memo (e.g. 5000) thinking that it will make the required amount available for budget (CJ32)- it didn't happen.

question- how the budget be available for another requisition for new transporter (in capital order- IW22) ? or what should be the process so another 5000 be reflected in the budget so that we can have another requisition for cargo...only 104.13 available.

this is very important, please advise.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all for your input.

my users deleted line 20 that has 15k available and by doing so the credit of 15k was available on wbs. this is resolved now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have budget available for project and want to utilise the same for creating additional PR, you need to distribute the budget in the project as per requirement. This can be done in CJ30 transaction. IN case you have budget distributed already, then you can adjust the budget allocations through transfer between WBS elements using CJ34. Bring the available budget from other WBS to the required wbs and create PR/PO.

Hope this helps.

BR/ Raghu

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

this is my service order- cost.

wht should be the process to create a requisition (capital order- WBS element) for that it is tied to the same wbs ?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On checking the screenshot of the Budget report, you have only 104.13 remaining, to post another PR with more value, you need to supplement the budget to the WBS element, until then you cannot post PR.

Is there any tolorence maintained for the Budget limit ?

Regards

Terence

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

how to supplement the budget to wbs element- that will be helpful.

please advise the steps/ trx to do so ?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try CJ36 / CJ37

But make sure this is with respect to your budgeting process.

Regards

Terence

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

that is helpful, Terence.

I have enough 355,000 on this CAPX order. how is it possible to make use of the existing $ amount instead of supplementing it. my PO still has 80-90k available.

do i need to reverse every invoice and SES (0 PO history- delete PO/PR) will that make this 355k again available for this CAPX order ?

what do you think ?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general PR/PO are created for consumption like Materials / Services.

What is the reason for you to reverse it, is the commitment done wrongly ?

In case if it was posted incorrectly then it can be reversed, if you post cost again with same SES, again you will have a shortage in your budget.

What you mean CAPX Order ? I cannot see 355,000 in your your screenshot. based on your screenshot the budget remaining is only 104.13, if the budget is allocated to another WBS element, then you can use CJ34 to do it.

Regards

Terence