cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are SAP Screen Personas flavors Transportable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Personas Guru,

How do you make Personas Flavors transportable across system? If there are Flavors created in a System /Instnace & those need to be mass ported over to New customer, is it possible... If yes , what is mechnisam>

Like we use BC sets to push configurations to new installation , is there a way to do it?

Best Regards,

Jatin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

You can use import / export option available in transaction /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI--> Tools option to move flavors from one system to other system.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thank you for insight. I guess this is to move Flavors across the clients ...

If have new system installed on customer site & wish to import create flavor what kind of files i need to create & copy to customer system before importing.

Best Regards,

Jatin

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Import / export can be used across two diferent systems / customers also where Personas is installed. When you export flavors, you will get a .personas file. You can do changes to these flavors in the new system as per customer requirements. Otherwise you have to create new flavors from scratch in the new system.

Regards,

Mohan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import/export isn't the only method. Within the Personas admin transaction you can attach flavours and associated resources (images, etc.) to a standard transport request and transport through your landscape in the same way as other SAP developments. In Personas 2 there's not a lot of difference between the two methods.

In Personas 3, using the transport mechanism retains the "original system" information with the flavours so that you can only edit a flavour in the system in which is was created. i.e. you can't edit in PRD flavours that were created in DEV. This fits better with the usual SAP development methods and avoids surprises where changes are made directly in production, either by accident or design.

To send Personas developments to another landscape, as in your example, import/export probably makes more sense.

Steve.