cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are asking why 2 clicks for 1 task?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our requirement, enable the users to upload a file from local machine to SAP and they want it in WebDyn Pro app, well, I placed the below UI element on the view but users are commenting as its not a user friendly because each single time user has to do 2 clicks for 1 task (upload file is the task), users want to achieve the requirement with just 1 click because basically its just 1 task

Pl. let us know how can we achieve the UPLOAD functionality with 1 click?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uhm...it really is NOT one task.

task 1. Pick file (browse)

task 2. Upload field picked.

What is the user to do if they pick the wrong file in task 1 and you automate it to go ahead and upload? I can guarantee as soon as you do, you will have the "other" side saying "why do you automate this?!?!" I didn't say upload yet!"

If they still don't get it, make the file picking box and input box and tell them they have to type in the filename with full path and then click "upload file"....then I bet they will understand really quickly why you have the "browse" option. haha

Even on sites like Facebook...say for photos.....you click "pick photos" to find files....but you still have to click "publish" to upload them. Two different steps for different tasks.

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

By you reminding me about Facebook example, I totally agree with you

Answers (0)