cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time entry against WBS FI313

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue I am not able to solve.

We are currently trying to record time (T-code CAT2) against WBS. Unfortunaly we are having the FI313 error message "No funds center entered/derived in item 00000".

In FMDERIVE transaction, the funds center derivation is well defined fot the WBS we are using. Even when activating the FMDERIVE trace, the funds center is well derive. But after closing the trace windows, the FI 31 messages appears again?

Has everyone faced that issue?

For information, the posting hits a secondary cost element that is linked to a commitement with financial transaction 30. Could this be the reason?

Best regards,

Destine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Destine,

There are many articles related to the same in SCN. One suggest to put a TRACE to FMDERIVE for why the rule has not been activated. Please do so and check again.

Also, please check the OSS Note 1268001 for the error handling.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer.

As I mentioned, we have put a trace to FMDERIVE and the derivation works. Only, when the trace windows is closed, the error message appears. I was also wondering if it was not linked somehow with the commitment item for which while debugging I changed the financial transaction to 50 instead of 30. And it works.

Unfortunately I can not do it in the commitment item master data cause the system does not allow it.

I have checked the note and it is too old cause we are using ECC on top of HANA.

Best regards,

Destine.

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Destine,

Please make little more research, since it is one of the favorite SCN topics, check the below as this lady wrote a paper on it and can be found in SCN/SDN as well.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a009302f-e6a8-2b10-d9ab-d436b5e2b...

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave.

I will go through your document and keep digging on SCN.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Destine