cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPS$sidADM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NW2004 the ops$sidADM id is granted the SAPDBA role and I don't think that it's a good idea, specially when the whole purpose of ops$sidADM is to query the SAPUSER table. We don't use ops$ account for running the BR*Tools and I was wondering about the risks that might be involved in removing the sapdba role from the ops$sidADM id. ANy help..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using Oracle 10g? If so, the Oracle roles have changed in 10g.

Read SAP note 834917 - Oracle Database 10g: New database role SAPCONN.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean that we can safely remove sapdba roles from all the ops$ account as well as the SAPSR3 and SAPSR3DB account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no,

we have now two roles:

SAPCONN and SAPDBA!

SAPDBA role is needed to grant OPS$<SAPSID>adm all rights to run DB13 based DB-Administration.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that we are going to use DB13 to run any DB related functionality, instead we are using the Cron jobs to schedule all the DB related jobs. Also, SAPDBA can be replaced by SAPCONN as SAPDBA has lots of privileges that might trigger an Audit alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

believe me, you have to run both of them.

SAPCONN_ROLE.sql creates a role which provides the minimum rights you need to connect to the database and run all commands within SAP DDIC to create and maintaine database objects.

SAPDBA_ROLE.sql creates a role which you need to run br*tools based db administration.

none of both is replacing the other.

regards

Peter