cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISASTER RECOVERY in SAP HANA SPS10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I performed a Single Node SAP HANA Multi-Tenant DB Installation with High option (individual OS users). Now I would like to run Dev and Quality on my secondary site along with Prod replication DB. I have multi nodes in my secondary site.

Now I wanted to know how can I perform Disaster Recovery replication from Primary site’s Single Node - Tenant1 (Prod) to Secondary Site’s Multi Node - Tenant1 (Prod).

Can we do Disaster recovery replication from Single Node to Multi Node?

Can we do Disaster recovery replication from Single Container to Multi Container?

What are the Disaster Recovery options available for Multi-Tenant Database?

Which replication method is recommended for Production environment when DEV and QAS in Secondary site? SYSTEM REPLICATION or STORAGE REPLICATION?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Allwin,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Allwin

It is not possible to set up replication from Single Node to Multi Node

The number of worker hosts in the secondary system has to be equal to the number of worker hosts in the primary system.

This implies that if there is a standby host on the primary system it need not be available on the secondary system

All you questions are answered in the SAP HANA Administration guide at the following link

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

The Sections you are looking for are

5.1.3 Setting Up System Replication

5.1.3.1.6 SAP HANA System Replication with Multitenant Database Containers

Here you will get a list of all prerequisites and details of how to set up system replication

I hope this answers you questions

Regards

Dermot