cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication of Employees from ECC modelled as ERP Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a scenario is our current implementation for integrating  On premise SAP ECC with C4C.

In the current  project our client has maintained employee records as ERP customers ( assigned to a Separate Account group).

We would like to replicate this ERP employees ( modelled as Customer records) into C4C as employees , so that they are visible under the work center people.

Can some one describe the what all configuration changes are required on C4C side , HCI iflow, Code list mappings, and any BADI implementation on SAP ERP on prem side.

In the ID mapping section I do see the mapping of "ERP Employee ( modelled as customer master records) available. which I understand will be required to map the C4C employee ID and the ECC Customer  number / ID of these ERP employee/customer records.

If you have any documentation or steps by step guide which can help.

I could not find any information on these process in the QSG for integration.

Please advise

Regards

Thanks

Piyush Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

I suggest you to go by the manual data migration method in case if you do not find a automated process for this.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chandan

Thanks for your response.

Even if I manually load the employee data ( via Data migration tool)

Will the following scenario work. e.g.

We have employee responsible on Accounts created in ERP and also prospects in Cloud.

We need that when the data is replicated between cloud and on premise ECC , the account will carry the employee responsible ( employee BP ID)

in C4C they are employee object but in ECC there  are Business partners ( Customers )

Just by ID mapping will this scenario work?.

This are few questions I need the answers to. has some one having similar use case during there implementation , then please advise.

Regards

Thanks

Piyush

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

I have not come across this requirement. ID mapping will map the number that is coming from ECC (Accounts in your case) to the Employees that would be created on C4C. So if the Account Number from ECC comes into the payload as expected, I believe this should work.

You should give a try for one employee in C4C and check.

Regards,

Chandan

BenjaminFielitz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

as Chandan already mentioned...yes the way from ECC -> C4C would work this way. We used that already. The other way would be more difficult and also for me it's not really clear what you want to achieve. I think within the Standard C4C -> ERP integraton the "Responsible Employee" would never be replicated to ERP. Neither any members from the account team nor relationships to other business partners (that would also be a possibility to show your ERP responsible employee) are replicated from C4C -> ERP. So this Scenario would need a SDK development at least.

Perhaps you can describe a bit more what you want to achieve exactly for direction C4C -> ERP.

A question for example would be if the employees should be created also in C4C and should than be automatically replicated to ERP (into an ERP customer i mean)...?

Regards

Benjamin Fielitz

Sybit GmbH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have the following Scenarios to achive

1. Employee's created in ECC ( As customers - separate account group then the Sold to account group) need to be replicated to C4C as Employees.

2. In SAP ECC customer master ( Sold to, Ship to  etc.) - under partner functions assignment , we assign the ECC employees ( created as customers master ID) using partner function Employee responsible.

We will replicate the Customers ( Sold to , Ship to ) from ECC to C4C only. One Direction i.e. ECC--> C4C.

3. Prospects will be created in C4C and replicated to ECC , prospects will have Employee responsible assigned to as owner, sales employee or account team member party role in account team tab. when the prospects are replicated from C4C to ECC, we need the Owner ( Emp. Responsible also to replicate in the Partner function assign to this prospect in ECC).

4. We have already prevented Customers ( Role: CRM000) flowing from C4C to ECC. ( Since the requirement  is that once the prospect is converted to Customers they can only flow from ECC to C4C.

Hope this helps to clarify the scenarios.

Regards

Piyush