cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio and Local DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to see if I connect Design Studio to a local DB like Access using ODBC, Oracle or May be Excel. I am currently on DS version 1.5. I know that 1.6 should be out soon which will support csv file but I am not sure when that will be. Any guidance on connecting to Access or Oracle would be great.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Design Studio doesn't have that type of ODBC access

Today with 1.5 you can use the SDK to provide a CSV data source (see http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD15/en/ds_15SP02_dev_guide_en.pdf) or you can check out the APOS Data Gateway to use Web Intelligence as a data source, or other partners have SDK data sources too (Visual BI has CSV as a data source)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can use SDK s for it , but in general SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio can access SAP HANA systems or SAP NetWeaver BW systems as BI backend systems as well as Universe.

Why dont you create a Universe on ACCESS or ORACLE and try consuming it.

Thanks,

Tanush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanush,

We were trying to show capability of the tool by using a local source file such as CSV file, without connecting to the BI server or Bobj environment. I tried the SDK route and did not quiet get it work, I am unable to see the columns or rows in DS. I keep getting unable to bind in ecplise. are there any reference material besides the SAP provided SDK file that I can use.

Thanks

Pradeep

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep - you can contact Partner vendors for their SDK CSV extensions (like Visual BI) and this is also coming in 1.6, which should be available soon