cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger alert (SALERT_CREATE) from remote R/3 system? Help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here is my business reqmt:

XI reads inventory file and makes a RFC Function module (YREAD_INVDATA) call to R3 system.

In R3 system function module I have written business validation logic.

If any validation fails then I have to trigger alert. The CCMS alert is setup in the XI system. So to trigger alert I am making a RFC call (CALL FUNCTION SALERT_CREATE DESTINATION 'SYXI250'...) to XI.

In order to make a RFC call can I use TYPE 3 RFC destination?

Do I need to use TYPE T (TCP/IP) RFC destination?

If I use TYPE T then I am getting error saying "no sender agreement and no receiver".

Since I am making a call to function module in XI system and there is no other receiver after that how do I configure a receiver for this?

Please help me!

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

At least for what you're trying to do, consider below:

<i>>>>The CCMS alert is setup in the XI system. So to trigger alert I am making a RFC call (CALL FUNCTION SALERT_CREATE DESTINATION 'SYXI250'...) to XI.</i>

So SALERT_CREATE in the XI system is actually your receiver interface in this scenario.

<i>>>>Do I need to use TYPE T (TCP/IP) RFC destination?</i>

Yes.

<i>>>>Since I am making a call to function module in XI system and there is no other receiver after that how do I configure a receiver for this?</i>

As mentioned above, XI (technically at least) is the receiver and SALERT_CREATE is the receiver interface. The sender would be your R/3 system and the sender interface would be just a stub of SALERT_CREATE. So in R/3 you could create a customer, remote-enabled RFC (Z_SALERT_CREATE) that's just a stub (no implementation of SALERT_CREATE, just parameters) and call this from the R/3 side (e.g. CALL FUNCTION Z_SALERT_CREATE DESTINATION 'SYXI250'...).

Of course, you would need to import the metadata for your custom Z_SALERT_CREATE (and SALERT_CREATE if not already) RFC as an imported object to XI. You'd need a sender agreement for R/3 sender and Z_SALERT_CREATE RFC as well.

Regards,

Jin

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Instead of TYPE T remote destination can't I use TYPE 3?

If I use TYPE 3 then I think I don't have to create any interfaces and sender/receiver agreements.

Is my approach correct?

Thanks

Gopal

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes u shud be able to do it type 3(ABAP connection). give a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal -

If you're using the sender RFC adapter, you need a type T sm59 destination set up. Check this blog for more info: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Jin

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I have tried TYPE 3 RFC destination. It is working but the subject line of the mail is getting repeated twice. This is happening only if I use the CALL FUNCTION SALERT_CREATE DESTINATION 'SYXI250'

But if the run the same function module in the XI system directly with the same parameters as given in the prgram it works fine.

Is there some problem calling this function module using the above statement? Do I have to use IN BACKGROUND?

Kindly help me!

Thanks

Gopal

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in ur f/n mod if u are looping

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not looping. I have even cleared the internal table I am using to load the container parameter before actually loading it.

If I go to debug mode the container internal table shows the subject value correctly that is without any repetations.

What could be the problem?

Please help

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know, we can create alerts in XI to gine a mesasge which inform the particular person about the error occured in the maping objects(not only in mapping, but in other cases also ).

To define the Alert use Tcode ---> ALRTCATDET

To check the alert messages -

>ALRTINBOX

You can use the following links to get more.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9c/34193cb4f5131de10000000a11405a/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8a/3e2d4105f8d92be10000000a1550b0/content.htm

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/12/06/xi-ccms-alert-monitoring-overview-and-features

Regards

sreeni

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d0/5e073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Discussion in this thread will help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss