cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect IT-Supported Flavors from editing/modifying

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we want our users to create their own flavors.

As far I am informed this is only possible if the role /personas/editor_role

was assinged.

Is it possible to restrict editing flavors on his own creations ?

Or at least can we protect our IT-supported flavors from modifying?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Sorry Mohan,

the user which has editor_role is able to modify Flavors which are in the gallery.

It has not to be assigned to him. I have just tested it.

Regards Juergen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are the flavor in the gallery not assigned to the user and still they are able to edit the flavor created by other. Please check this once ?

If this happens then we need to check for another Role for user.

regards,

Vipul

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's my suggestion:

Create two system id's, and assign both to the users. Assign all IT-supported to one system for which the user has RENDER_ONLY role and in another system, let the user create his/her own flavors and assign ADMIN role.
Additionally, I've noticed that ADMIN role allows users to create copies of flavors but does not allow users to edit flavors created by others.

I don't know if I am making sense considering your requirement. Hope it helps!

0 Kudos

Hi Saud, thanks for your proposal,

could you please tell me where can I assign the systems to the role. I didn_t find the location of your configuration above. Thanks. Regards Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

the flavor was assigned as below. I didn't know any other possibility that he can work

work with it.Otherwise he would'nt find in the gallery.

Thanks and regards Juergen

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see all the replies from me and others are for Personas 2.0 and your screen shot is for Personas 3.0.

Please note that in Personas 3.0, standard editor role allows to edit any flavor in the system, even if the user is not the owner of the flavor.

Reards,

Mohan

0 Kudos

ok, thanks a lot, Mohan.

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Editor role will provide users to create and edit their own flavor. But they will not be able to edit flavors created by others.

To restrict editing their own creations, you have to change flavor owner to other user name, like a admin user name. This can be done thru flavor maintenence in admin_ui transaction.

To protect IT supported flavors also change to owner name to IT admin.

Regards,

Mohan