Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when manually starting Java applications

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

After SP upgrade, am trying to start applications one after the other.

When I try to start this application "com.sap.aii.adapter.sapjra.inboundRA", it says failed to start

Also when I try to start this application "com.sap.netweaver.coll.appl.room.rfcadapter", I get this error "Implicit stopped, (dependency failed)"

When I go to the tab, OSProcesses and I can see with the status , " All Processes Running (Safe Mode) " How do I change it to All Processes Running

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Can you please check following SAP Note:-

1840773 - Resource Adapter not available in PI

Regards

Anand

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Anand

I have only node. I checked in Java instances. So this is not applicable, I guess. I still restarted the application.

Thanks

Harish

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Please check if the server is in safe mode. (Config tool -> File -> Safe Mode -> Safe mode enabled?) If safe mode is enabled, then have it disabled.

Furthermore, for application startup issues, please start the application manually and then check the defaultTrace.trc file for the root cause of the failure.

Best Regards,

Peter

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Thanks for the help

After support package upgrade (PO 7.4 SP 08 to SP 12) PO server is not working.

When I go to the Applications in the DEV and PROD, I see that many applications that are running in the production are not started in the DEv environment. There are about 1800 odd applications, so to manually compare and start is not possible.

Can you please suggest how can I start all the applications needed for the PO?

Is there any way out?

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

As per the error text "Implicit stopped, (dependency failed)" there few dependent application that need to be retarted.

The best option here would be to take a complete restart of the SAP system.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj

We tried that many times. When we restart the system none of the applications are started. The entire list of Java applications in the tab are stopped.

When we do a patch upgrade and start the system, should all the necessary applications be started on it's own?

Regards

Harish Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I think you need to click on retrieve status in NWA when looking for applications status.

If you still find it not running search for that application name in log files and past it here,

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Did you check the "safe mode" as already asked you to ?

Please run the following and post the output here:

sapcontrol -nr <NN> -function GetProcessList

Also, please upload your std_server0.out , dev_server0 and  dev_jcontrol file here.

KR,

Amerjit

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We changed the mode to normal, restarted the engine, and we are not facing the errors.

It looks like the applications were not working because the system started in safe mode. It was totally new to me.

None of the applications were working under Java applications when the machine was started after patch upgrade. The machine started in safe mode.

Regards

Harish

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj

It's still failed to start, the status for application "com.sap.aii.adapter.sapjra.inboundRA".

However, all the interfaces are working. It is required only when we configure IDoc interfaces in the PO system. We are not using IDocs. If we are using IDocs, then we need to do settings for that, we have to create an RFC Destination.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Ok, I have this something like this before with com.sap.aii.adapter.sapjra.inboundRA, I seen them cloned before preventing the original one from running.

Go to the applications and search with filter "inboundRA" if you get more than one result, stop the other application and start com."sap.aii.adapter.sapjra.inboundRA"

Let me know if that helps.

Regards, Juan