cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image in payload/XML from third party to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a requirement that I have to receive a file which can be xml/asexml or any other format. basically the requirement is that third party will send the data as well as image to PI. They might send xml or image as attachment or they might send image embedded in the xml/asexml or any other format.

I need to know what are the possibilities for these two scenario when they are sending it as attachment and when they are sending it as embedded in the file.

Thanks

Sherwin Singh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

If they are sending the image data as part of xml and not as attachment , the data will be embedded in CDATA segment. You need a java module or mapping to read the CDATA segment. The other data part which does not come as CDATA segment will come as ordinary field values. It is better if this comes as xml because then you can avoid reading attachment data.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Anupam. Actually I was thinking of sending email to you. can you please help me with any document or blog from where I can learn about it. I need help in java module or mapping to read CDATA segment as well.  I need to complete the interface.

Thanks in advance

Sherwin

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Please don't send a privet email, the main purpose of this forum is to share our knowledge and issues and in this way we can improve our skills

Regards.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Please check my response to the thread

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Anupam. Can you help me with the adapters and the config if possible? I mean I need what adapters under which protocol we can use it. lets just say info regarding ESR and ID. sorry if I am asking a lot. I am new to PI.

Thanks,

Sherwin

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Consult with business to understand how they are sending the data and whom Pi needs to send the data after processing. From your initial post it seems you need file adapter with NFS protocol in sender side.

Regards

Anupam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

I think your third party could send the file in the SOAP attachment, in this case you don't need to do any special in your sender side, only to set the checkbox Keep attachments in your sender SOAP.

Later, it's a bit more complicated because you would need to read the attachment to generate the file, you can do at mapping level: Read attachment content in Mapping | SCN, also you have this way more elegant to avoid to create the file manually, the java developmet is only to take the name of the file from the name of the attachment

However depending your receiver side you would not to do any special, for example if you will have a receiver ABAP proxy:

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki, I will follow your advise and will update you if I have any issue. Thanks a lot again