Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3 - AppDevelopment (Agentry) + X.509 Certificate Authentication

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a question on SMP3 and AppDevelopment (Agentry):

I am currently looking for X.509 Certification approach with Syclo work manager to SMP SP09. When I look at the documentation :

OpenUI SMPOpenUICredentialProvider (iOS) - Developer - SAP Library

I see the it supports PCKS12, is it similar to x.509 certification authentication? Is there any documentation for SMP-09 SDK 10? as I see the documentation is very limited. Please suggest if this extension can be achieved with SMPOpenUICredentialProvider class on iOS and Android Devices? If yes, please suggest the procedure.

Looping

Regards,

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

Yes, Agentry supports using X.509 Authentication.   The user will still have to enter a username and password but the client can authenticate using X.509 with the SMP3 server.  You are correct in that you wil lned ot use the Open UI Authentication classes to enable the client to send the certificate to the server.

--Bill

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you Bill, we shall try that and get back if any issues. If you can share any document on this approach would be very helpful.

Regards,

Nagesh

anders_bengtsson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, do you know if it's possible to also use X.509 on a Windows CE 5.0 device environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

You can take a look at this doc which may help you.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

anders_bengtsson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, we have it working in Windows 8.1, but not on a Windows CE 50 device.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Andres,

Since Windows CE does not support Open UI you won't be able to directly use the same mechanisms.  You could look at mutual SSL authentication as a further verification but you would still need to authenticate the user with the provided user id / pwd.

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Any updates on this please...!!!