Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping in Routing Condition

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we use value mapping in routing condition inside iFlow?

Br,

Madan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Why not to do the value mapping at mapping level to have the field yet mapped at routing level?. AFAIK, you can't do a value mapping in a routing condition (Defining Receiver and Routing Conditions - Integration Directory - SAP Library)

Regards.

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mapping level value mapping would not help because we want the converted values during routing. Any other inputs?

Br,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Do you want to achive routing at receiver or at interface level?

In case it's at receiver level you can use the Extended Receiver Determination functionality where you use a mapping to determine the receiver/s and in that mappng you could call your value mapping accordingly.

Regards.

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phileas,

I want this in interface level.

Br,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Are they interfaces of the same receiver system?

Thanks.

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

As it is mentioned above there is not capability to support routing conditions based on Value Mapping look ups so what you could do is create a mapping 1 to N and used the Value Mapping Look Up to decide which interfaces you want to create at receiver side.

BR,

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if I use 1:N mapping (along with value mapping) but still it will not useful because incase both condition not satisfied then it will not process for any interface and will fail at runtime. I do not want to get it failed so I was looking for a solution where we could put condition during routing.

Br,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

I do not know if it make sense receving a messages that are not to be delivered to any receiver system but in case thisis your requirement the only option is to use the Receciver Determination Extended (to be able to user your Value Mapping look-up) an apply the same rules you are to apply in the Interface Determination to guarantee that at least one inbound interface will be determined. In case the Receiver Determination fails and no receiver is found (that means that no interface would have been determined in the Interfce Determination) you can set it up in order to not create an error at runtime.

Hope it helps.