Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAXINJ tax codes in TAXINN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working on Tax procedure conversion from TAXINJ to TAXINN.

Due to some valid reasons, business has decided as they want to use condition record as tax classification. It means that, what are the active tax codes available in TAXINJ , the same we need to create in TAXINN.

Assume that, there are 100 active tax codes are found in TAXINJ.

Here i am feeling as rather than creating new two digit tax code, shall i create that 100 active tax codes with the same name in TAXINN...?

TAXINJ active tax codes. e.g:N1,N2...

so, we want to create in Taxinn also N1,N2... ,  because of this approach,

1.Since users are familiar with the tax codes, the same they can use after migrating to Taxinn.

2.No change in the tax code wise account determination (OB40)

3.Tax code mapping will be easy for the migration data/program.

Could you please share your experiences on this approach..?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done the same thing (i.e. replicated all the tax code of TAXINJ in TAXINN) and the same is working fine in our development system.

However, ensure that tax code wise GL mapping needs to be done again in TAXINN for output tax

code.

Also, one thing to be kept in mind that once the new tax procedure is activated, you will not be able to see the rates maintained in the earlier tax code through FTXA/FTXP.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anybody please share your thoughts..?

Thank you

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Did you referred FAQ  note 2188454,

I hope it will resolve your issue.

Regards

Madhu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for prompt reply. Just now i have tried to down load the note in the portal, but status/message is

"Document is not released".

I guess SAP team is working on this.

Thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done the same thing (i.e. replicated all the tax code of TAXINJ in TAXINN) and the same is working fine in our development system.

However, ensure that tax code wise GL mapping needs to be done again in TAXINN for output tax

code.

Also, one thing to be kept in mind that once the new tax procedure is activated, you will not be able to see the rates maintained in the earlier tax code through FTXA/FTXP.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Nilay,

Thanks for your reply and which access sequence you are using ?

Hello Madhu,

I have tried to download the SAP note 2188454 now in the SAP site, but still status is

"Document is not released".

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Easwar,

We are planning to release note soon.

Regards

Madhu M

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Just now I have tried to download the SAP note:2188454, but status is "Document is not released".

Anybody knows, when this note will be released and what it contains..?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

We released a different note.

2252781 FAQ on TAX procedure migration from taxinj to taxinn

Regards

Madhu M

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu - Is there any way we can have easy migration process. There are lot of customers who are still not updated to current tax procedure. In GST world which is the latest note (all inclusive) we should refer. Because SAP notes are so confusing, you cross reference with other notes and it gets into maze. May be SAP should release master note which fixes all the interim bugs. As it is India taxes are so unstable, if SAP can help it will be great.

Thanks

Prabhakar

0 Kudos

When the Government has not yet freezed the GST process, how can you expect SAP to provide the latest update?  As of now, you need to just carry out the suggestions in the said note.  Let us wait for the final call from Government on GST.  It is quite obvious when this GST rule is implemented, then SAP will come with a new note, if need be.

G. Lakshmipathi

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Easwer,

This is of course possible. You need to define your access sequence right. You need to find unique combination relevant for your organisation. some suggestions are "material/vendor/plant", "material/plant", "material group/plant", "control code/plant" etc. If standard tables are not enough then you may need to create custom tables.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hello all,

thanks for your replies.

I have one more query.

As I mentioned in the first message,  we want to create in TAXINN also 2 digit tax code naming convention like as TAXINJ, in such a case do we need to execute the below steps..?

1.Mapping tax code through the table J_1ITCJCMAP

2.Migration program for open P.Os,S.A (scheduling agreements) t.c:J1IMGPO

could you please share your thoughts...

thanks in advance..

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anybody share your thoughts on this please..

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ofcourse give the same taxcodes. Please refer this note for all your other queries.

2014164 - TAXINJ to TAXINN Migration

Regards

Binoy