Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise amt reducing in J1IIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

D Friends,

I'm struck in the following scenario:

1. Excise amt in Commercial invoice is say e.g. Rs. 254 but when I'm creating its Excise Inv. (J1IIN), then the Excise amt is getting reduced to Rs. 90. If the Excise amt is Rs. 170 in commercial inv. then in J1IIN it is getting reduced to Rs. 60.
  2. Means what ever the Excise duty is there in Commercial inv., it is getting reduced in J1IIN. I'm able to save J1IIN but with the reduced Excise.
  3. I do not have help of ABAP.

Pl suggest.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which excises are missing in Excise Invoice???(BED/SED/AED missings)

Any particular excise condition types are not flowing from Invoice to Excise Invoice?? Pl Confirm..If so you need to revisit your internal config( like Table J_1ITRNACC)

Any immediate utilization active at configs during excise invoice creations--Check table J_1IUTILIZE..

Are you facing like BED is 1000Rs in Invoice-reduced to 500Rs in Excise invoice--is it like this???

what was the time difference between Commercial & excise Invoice??

i also faced in my previous organization like this..means 100Rs excise in invoice-but excise Invoice is with 150Rs???(later we found that--once an invoice is created with some X value in Excise with posting block-here you can create excise value with same X value--but during posting block release ---user may change the excise value either by manually or new pricing carry outs--Check in Change logs of billing doc)

For reference you can check thread-

Once you are creating an excise invoice immediate to Commercial Invoice--Normally all excise related columns in J1IIN will be in display-What is In your case??

Phanikumar

27 REPLIES 27

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the standard configuration, whatever duty value is there in billing document, the same would be copied to excise invoice also.  In your case, it is not happening and definitely this is not a standard behaviour.  There must be some CIN exit due to which, you are facing this issue.  You need to check in debug mode.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

I looked into the table J_1IEXCDTL. There is found that BED % is getting changed. It is as follows:

1. In VK11, the condition record for BED condition type, the % maintained is 28% but in VF01, I changed it to 10%.
  2. Now Billing document was saved with 10% BED, but in J1IIN, system is picking BED% as 28%, which is maintained in the condition record.

System should not recalculate the BED% in J1IIN. What ever is there in Billing Document, it should get passed on to J1IIN, irrespective of the condition record.

I'm doing testing in QAS. I don't have ABAP help.

Pl suggest.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

You are right. I also know that whatever Excise duty (BED) is saved in Billing document same should flow to Excise Invoice. But in one plant it is not flowing. In Billing document Excise duty (BED) is picked as 29% from Condition record VK11. But while creating Excise Invoice it becomes 0%. The issue is that it is happening in only one plant, but in other plants it is flowing correctly.

Pl suggest.

Thank you.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which excises are missing in Excise Invoice???(BED/SED/AED missings)

Any particular excise condition types are not flowing from Invoice to Excise Invoice?? Pl Confirm..If so you need to revisit your internal config( like Table J_1ITRNACC)

Any immediate utilization active at configs during excise invoice creations--Check table J_1IUTILIZE..

Are you facing like BED is 1000Rs in Invoice-reduced to 500Rs in Excise invoice--is it like this???

what was the time difference between Commercial & excise Invoice??

i also faced in my previous organization like this..means 100Rs excise in invoice-but excise Invoice is with 150Rs???(later we found that--once an invoice is created with some X value in Excise with posting block-here you can create excise value with same X value--but during posting block release ---user may change the excise value either by manually or new pricing carry outs--Check in Change logs of billing doc)

For reference you can check thread-

Once you are creating an excise invoice immediate to Commercial Invoice--Normally all excise related columns in J1IIN will be in display-What is In your case??

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

I looked into the table J_1IEXCDTL. There is found that BED % is getting changed. It is as follows:

1. In VK11, the condition record for BED condition type, the % maintained is 28% but in VF01, I changed it to 10%.
  2. Now Billing document was saved with 10% BED, but in J1IIN, system is picking BED% as 28%, which is maintained in the condition record.

System should not recalculate the BED% in J1IIN. What ever is there in Billing Document, it should get passed on to J1IIN, irrespective of the condition record.

I'm doing testing in QAS.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Have you tried Auto Excise Invoice creations at your Excise group settings??

When excise invoice creation along with Commercial invoice-what is your finding??

Then Reverse all these settings--Tell us what happened-Any difference??

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

Thanks-ok-wait.

0 Kudos

Phanikumar & others,

When I'm doing Auto Excise Invoice creation through IMG setting in the Excise Group then I'm getting this message: "Excise invoice created for Billing document 1521007108."

But the issue is that when I'm displaying the billing document 1521007108, system gives message: "Billing doc 1521007108 does not exist". Even in VBRK table this no. does not exist.

Pl help me to understand this strange behaviour of the system.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

It was the issue with Updation.Normally this is natural-when your doing CIN configs for initial times.

have you received any update termination messages after this error-Check in Tcode SO01 with analysis.(may be CIN number objects missing/Logical system missings(Tcode SCC4)

Note: Seek the way of getting help from every member-then you can reach your goal with more accuracy..Thank you & Bye.

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

There was some no. range object issue in J1IIN because of that billing was not getting created. Now it is resolved and auto excise invoice got created.

Observations are as follows:

1. Issue was that default Excise rate was changed in VF01 from 28% to 10%. Billing document was saved with 10%.

2. But in J1IIN, system re-determines the BED condition record and sets the excise rate to 28%. Excise invoice was created with 28%.

3. Now auto Excise invoice was activated in Excise group setting. J1IIN was now auto saved with 10%.

So how to control BED % re-determination in manual creation of Excise Invoice?

Pl suggest.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Friends,

Following is the observation in this case:

1. Excise Condition Type (JEXP) has 4 Access Sequences:

• 005 Sales Org/ Dist Chnl/ Sold-to party/ Material
  • 371 Country/Plant/Ctrl code/Ship-to
  • 358 Country/Plant/Ctrl code/Material
  • 357 Country/Plant/Ctrl code

All have Exclusive Indicator checked.

2. For VF01, 10% BED was maintained in sequence 005 and therefore user gets 10% in the commercial invoice- it is ok. But in Sequence 357, 12% was already maintained. So in Excise invoice 10% gets overwritten by 12%.

3. Since we don't have services of ABAPer, therefore I can not get it de-bugged.

Please suggest how to control this overwriting.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Why don't you foreclose the validity date of condition record of table 357?

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi & other friends,

The Question is why J1IIN is picking excise rate from Sequence 357- Country/ Plant/ Ctrl Code? The std. behaviour is that whatever excise rate is saved in VF01, it should get pass on  in Excise Invoice J1IIN.

Has anybody faced this issue? Pl help, it is bit critical.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Friends,

Let me elaborate my issue:

1. Our A/R Excise Condition is JEXP. Now JEXP has has 4 Access Sequences:
  • 005 Sales Org/ Dist Chnl/ Sold-to party/ Material- 10% is maintained
  • 371 Country/Plant/Ctrl code/Ship-to                   -  Not maintained
  • 358 Country/Plant/Ctrl code/Material                  - 15% maintained
  • 357 Country/Plant/Ctrl code                              - 20% maintained

All have exclusive indicator selected. Ctrl code is Chapter-Id.

2.  In Billing document system picks 10% Excise rate and billing document is saved with 10%.

3.  But while creating Excise Invoice system picks the rate from table 357. So the Excise invoice             gets saved with 20%.

Now I think I have clearly explained my problem. If more information is required pl let me know.  Pl suggest why it is happening and how to control it. Is there any setting in "Basic Settings--> Determination of Excise Duty--> Maintain Excise Defaults"?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Friends,

I've checked Excise Tax rate, Exceptional Material Excise Rate in J1ID. But found nothing. So what can be the reason.

Pl help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Friends,

I've searched the forum and also done google. But everywhere I saw people are saying that Excise amt in not flowing from VF01 to J1IIN. But my issue is different. My issue is that Excise amt is flowing from VF01 to J1IIN, but the rate of Excise condition (JEXP) is getting re-determined in J1IIN.

For example if the Excise rate in VF01 is 10%, then in J1IIN the rate changes to 12% or 0%. It is happening because system is giving priority to table 357, as mentioned above.

So my issue is that how to make the excise condition (JEXP) as fixed in VF01 or J1IIN so that whatever rate is saved in VF01, the same should get passed on to J1IIN.

Pl guide.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I went through this thread:"https://scn.sap.com/thread/ 1212284". The issue mentioned in this thread is exactly the same as mine. My issue is:

1. Excise amt is coming in VF01.
  2. When I create Excise Invoice, the same amt of Excise is visible in J1IIN.
  3. But when I click Utilization button, system changes the Excise rate as per table 357.
  4. It means that whatever rate is maintained in table 357, system saves the Excise Invoice with that rate. E.g. if in table 357, Excise rate is 20%, system saves Excise Invoice with 20%, if nothing is maintained in table 357, system saves the Excise Invoice with 0%.
  5. System should just copy the Excise amt from Commercial invoice to Excise Invoice.

Further information:

We are using separate conditions for Excise Total and Excise BED %, which is as under:
JEXT is Total Condition type and JEXP is % Condition type. Both are maintained in respective columns in "Maintain Excise Defaults". Both conditions are also maintained in  "Classify Condition Types".

Pl suggest how can I make system to copy same Excise amt from Commercial invoice to Excise Invoice.

Lot of thanks.

0 Kudos

D Friends,

PFA tables assigned to Excise Condition.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you are aware there is basic principle for defining a sequence in access sequence. That is you maintain most specific key combination at the top and most general key combination at the bottom. For reference you can refer Pricing Procedure in SD - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

For you ideally, for above sort of access sequence value are not maintain in step no. 10/12/14 to make other relevant for pricing. If like to improve your access sequence then it should be as the following:

Step No.Table Desc
10Sales Org./Ref.Doc./Ref.item
20Country/State/Customer Classif.1/Material Classification1
30Country/Plant/Ctrl Code/TaxCl1Cust
40Country/Plant/Ctrl Code/Ship-to
50Country/Plant/Ctrl Code/Material
60Country/Plant/Ctrl Code/
70Country/NBM-NCM Code
80Customer/Material
90Material

Thanks, JP

0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti and others,

As an SD Consultant I very well know that the Sequences should be from Specific to General. But I'm in support for the last 6 mths only and SAP have been there for the last 6 years, so now it is too late to change the sequence.

In thread "Excise Values Not Flowing in J1IIN-(export Exci... | SCN", MBS is saying that you HAVE to maintain condition record for table 357 in VK11. For ARE1 or ARE3 document values will get updated from this condition record along with the excise invoice. To have this 357 table you have to use the SAP STANDARD ACESS SEQUENCE  JEXC in all your excise condition types.

Why table 357 is hard-coded, please let me know? What is the logic behind it?

I hope many people must have faced the issue of table 357. So those people can help me out.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Hi RSgr,

Please check if any tax rates are maintained for that chapter ID in J1ID-Excise Tax Rate.

If any values are maintained here then the system ignores the values from the condition records.

More share us the screen shots of your pricing procedure & excise defaults.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Hi

It seems like if the values are not maintained Condition Table 357 of your tax condition type access sequence, then excise values don't copy from billing to excise invoice.

Why table 357 is hard-coded, please let me know? What is the logic behind it?

I don't know, whether this table is hard coded or not. But, there is another possibility that system might re-determine excise pricing once copied to subsequent documents.

Please have look on following SAP Notes, I believe that might assist you in resolving your issue:

1477132 - Enabling user control for copying excise values from billing

As per this note, it allows copying of excise values from billing to excise invoice without redetermination.

Thanks, JP

0 Kudos

Dear all,

First of all thanks to all of you for your inputs. I think I found the solution myself but before I share the solution let's have a small recap of the issue.

1. Issue was that excise rate was redetermined in J1IIN.
  2. In one of my messages I pointed that my system is pointing something towards table 357.
  3. One suggestion was given that foreclose the validity of table 357.

Since we don't have the services of an ABAPer, therefore I tried to de-bug myself and found that table 357 was HARD-CODED.

But I wonder how come that nobody had come across this scenario because SAP has hard-coded table 357 for J1IIN!!??

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi R.Sgr,

how come that nobody had come across this scenario because SAP has hard-coded table 357 for J1IIN

FYI, SAP Note 1477132 that deals with suppress of hardcoding of Table 357(Appl TX) was released in the year 2010. I hope you referred that note.

Also, you can also refer in Note 1559435 - FAQ - Frequently asked question - Sales, refer questions on "Duty rates are not defaulted  and values not calculated." under transaction J1IS

Moreover, there few SCN Posts clearly mention the use of the table. Use search term: "SCN Condition table 357". You can get more than 200 search result.

So, it will be incorrect to comment that no one was aware of this.

Thanks, JP

0 Kudos

Jyoti Prakash,

I did not mean to say that "No one was aware of this". I mean to say that if this is hard-coded by SAP then many people MUST have come across this scenario, so how did they deal it.

Any ways, your second reply was  very helpful (I've marked it helpful also). In your second reply you said "...Table 357 (Appl TX)..". Where is this "Appl TX""?

Let me also tell you that 357 is hard-coded in FM J_1I4A_DETERMINE_NEW_RATE, as shown below:

But I will try with suggestion given by you to follow OSS Note 1477132.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi R Sgr,

Where is this "Appl TX""?

If you check the tax procedure(TCode OBQ3 or IMG - Fin A/c - Fin A/c Global Setting - Tax on Sales/Purchases - Basic Settings - Check Calculation procedure), you will observe that Tax procedures

- Usage (KVEWE) A

- Application (KAPPL) TX

I understand Usage & Application are for Procedure and Usage is for Condition Table. Thanks for pointing out. Please refer Tables A357 - Country/Plant/Ctrl code and T681 - Conditions: Structures(Fields to refer Table - KOTABNR & Condition table - KOTAB)

Frankly, I really appreciate your effort to dig down the issue and updating the space with your finding.

Best Wishes, JP

0 Kudos

Jyoti Prakash,

Same appreciation for you also to help and give valuable input. Now I think I can do the needful. Closing this thread but there is another issue in Assessable Value. But for that I will raise separate message. Pl keep track of that.

Thank you.